Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Nice”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Hotel is in a good location, close to shops and restaurants. Rooms are very small but modern and nice. Bikes are available for rent from fromt dest and bike trail is very close as well. What I didn't like is the options for morning breakfast, The buffet was reserved for a company event and the items for purchase were very limited. The good news is that there is an I hope next door so you can get a cheaper better breakfast anyway. I was feeling sick during the evening time and went down to see if I can buy an aspirin or a small pack of cold medicine that you can find at any airport/hotel gift card. My only option was to buy a medicine 'Basket" with caugh syrup and many other items ( They will card you at Target for those Items) the cost was $15. That was my only option. Well I went to bed without it and was fine but it didn't make me feel comfortable staying at a Hotel like that where you can't feel at home even not for one night. I think it is a cool hotel and I liked it but it is also a bit on the relaxed side ( We don't care about our guest that much) I would stay there again and will give them another chance. It could be I just had a bad night since I was feeling i was getting the flu.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Beautifully efficient and clean. Sharp staff, nice lobby and close to the airport. Will definitely stay there again anytime I fly to PDX.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tom_treddles
Turlock, California
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed at aloft for 4 nights in May, 2011. I must admit that I was quite concerned with some of the reviews that I read on TripAdvisor regarding this hotel, to the point where we almost changed our reservations. We decided to stick with it since the price was reasonable and it was in the area of Portland that we were wanting to stay. When we arrived, we were greeted by extremely friendly hotel staff (almost overly so - after 11 hours of driving I just wanted to crash). The lobby was very clean and modern, with a "snack shop" available for light treats. They had a killer expresso/mocha machine that was available for complimentary drinks between 6AM and 11AM every morning, and for a fee any other times. There was a bar and a small entertainment stage in the lobby area and we were advised of live music performances on Friday and Saturday nights (no charge - I think it was a jazz ensemble Friday night and contemporary acoustic on Saturday night. We didn't attend since we were out both nights.) There was also and indoor pool and a well equipped workout room. When we got to the room, we were pleasantly surprised to see a very clean, modern and "efficient" room. The rooms are somewhat smaller than typical hotel rooms, not really designed for more than two people. The room was equipped with a small refrigerator, a safe, and complimentary wi-fi. A 42" flat screen HDTV was mounted on the wall. The only thing that was a little inconvenient was that there were no drawers to store "socks and stuff" in. Instead, there were shelves in the bathroom area for that purpose. That wasn't a major issue by any means, but since we were there for 4 nights, we had quite a bit of "stuff" that we would normally shove in the drawers. We just kept that stuff in the suitcases for privacy. Guests are given the option of passing on housekeeping service for a day in exchange for either hotel points or a $5 hotel certificate. We chose to take advantage of that for the first day, but through an apparent mix-up in communications we got overlooked every day. When we returned to the hotel on nights 2 & 3 and found that there was not housekeeping service performed, I reported it each night to the front desk. They were extremely appologetic (and somewhat embarrased on the third night) and rushed up a supply of towels and coffee to us (we made our own bed). We were "rewarded" with hotel points for our inconvenience. The room was very quiet (not far from the airport) and comfortable.

In spite of the "bumps" that we experienced, we enjoyed our stay at Aloft very much, and we will definitely be staying there the next time we return to Portland.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TwoDisos
Chicago
Reviewed May 11, 2011

From the first cheery aloha, the Portland aloft made us feel welcome and relaxed as we breezed through check in and came "home" for our third visit in two years. The hotel is just as breezy and smells just as great as the very first time we visited. The aloft is our favorite hotel and we always compare any other stays to the aloft.

Comfy beds, great tv viewing, huge shower, great outside space, fun and happy place for us to take a break from the outside world.

Thank you again, aloft. Aloha!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brunoise_9
USA
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Hotel is very modern. The room is large, with lots of space. two desks with a long skinny couch in the middle. Large flat screen on wall above it. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was modern with microwave and refrigerator. Nice amenities, including free wifi. Modern room.

If you need a hotel near the Portland airport highly recommend. Barely heard noise outside and hear no noise in the hallway. Offers free shuttle to airport, drivers were friendly and nice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Solana Beach, California
Reviewed May 1, 2011

What a great hotel where you feel like not only was the hotel designed to meet the modern tech needs of today's "wired" traveler but it also has that old "inn" feel where the staff gets to know you by name and makes sure every time they see you that you are having a good stay.

Additionally, the location is great being connected to the airport (half mile away with shuttles also provided) and downtown via Portland's light rail system. I took the train to see an NBA game at the Rose Garden, and the trip was faster than if I had driven myself.

I travel 100 nights a year and given the value and quality of the experience, I'd stay here every night if I could.

The aLoft at the Portland airport will become a permanent stop on my hotel tour.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Trabuco Canyon, California
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel before and have enjoyed the experiences in the past. This morning the last impression at check out was under whelming and insulting as a Stareood Gold Guest. The check out bill had a different rate compared to the reservation. When I inquired they questioned me like I was in correct. In addition, I purchased $6 breakfast and was asked for ID with my credit card. There were no smiles.. I shared my disappointment with the experience and departed without a thank you for staying. Very unprofessional and disappointing experience. You would like to think your top employees would work the front desk.

• Stayed April 2011