The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland
Shilo Inns Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
$143
$134
$141
$113
Country Inn
Best Western Inn At The Meadows(Portland)(Great Value!)
$94
$205
$221
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
$159
$154
Orbitz.com
3,046 results
All reviewsurban farmerthe club loungerooftop bardeparture loungedeparture restaurantpioneer squaredepartment storeturn down serviceconcierge desktop floorcity viewbeautiful hotelheart of downtowncorner roomvalet parkingvalet servicefitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Now stayed here twice and enjoyed it both times. The hotel itself is very well located close to great restaurants and local retail. The rooms are nice and clean and well appointed. Not big rooms but well laid out. Big fan of both the Urban Farmer on 8th floor and the club at the top on certain nights. This is a great "go to" hotel in Portland whether on business or pleasure. Will be back.

Stayed: July 2014
MarcAdrar, Assistant General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear Seaurchineceviche,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the property as a whole and we will look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I spent the weekend at the Nines and have been several times before. It's always a great place to stay- the beds are amazing and the rooms are gorgeous. Even if you aren't staying, the Departures bar on the roof is one of the best places to spend a portland summer evening. On this stay, my highlight at the Nines had to be the incredibly helpful and knowledgeable staff in the Club lounge- especially Josie, Judy and Peter. Thanks for a great visit... The only reason I can't give the Nines a full 5 star luxury review is that most of the rooms don't have bathtubs.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie Z

Dear Stephanie Z,

I appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience and for commending our team. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with Josie, Judi and Peter. I do lend my condolences for the inconvenience you encountered with the lack of a tub in the room. We do have a variety of room types and sizes and bathtubs are available upon request. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I may be of assistance in reserving the room most appropriate to your needs. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Went home to Portland for a wedding. Decided to stay at The Nines and so happy I did!
Being in the hospitality industry I have a tendency to critique everything at a hotel. I was able to actually enjoy and relax during this trip.
Upon arrival the hotel is appropriately staffed with a valet and concierge service. The hotel is beautifully appointed.
There is a roof top bar that overlooks the city and an open air restaurant that is a "farm to fork" style of menu.
For a fee you can enjoy a lounge during your stay that offers complimentary appetizers and drinks in the evening and desserts later at night which were very good. In the morning the lounge offers hot tea, coffee, water, and pastries.
One morning we had to leave early and it was so convenient to see a coffee carafe on our floor that we could partake so we didn't have to search for coffee on the way to our destination.
In the evening turndown service comes with chocolates and complimentary slippers.
The location of this hotel is in an excellent spot perfect for walking and exploring the beautiful city.

Room Tip: Corner rooms give a prettier view of the city. Especially at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
MarcAdrar, Assistant General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Dear jgirlpdx,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room and the service you were provided. I hope you will choose the Nines on your next visit to Portland. It would be our pleasure to welcome you, no matter what the occasion.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Took my mother for an overnighter, the digs are really nice but the amenities are rather expensive. The provided fridge items are unjustifiably spendy $3 gatorade small? Please. $40-$50 entrees on the menu? Well this is a good place to spoil yourself and be within walking distance of practically everything. Really nice, helpful, polite people. Be sure to ask for a room facing outside for stays on weekends or party days, the bar in the atrium gets loud at those times. Very comfortable.

Room Tip: As above ask for a outward facing room on party days i.e. Friday, Sat, celebratory holidays.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard B

Dear Richard B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience overall, however, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by the higher prices that come along with summertime in Portland. We hope to welcome you again in the future in season that may be more fiscally friendly. I am at your service if I may assist in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at the Nines to celebrate his birthday weekend, and had our in-laws in from another state join us. My goal was to easily plan three great dinners, without having to do a ton of research myself. The concierges Laurie and Josie were fantastic. Not only did they help me narrow down cuisines and choices over the phone, but they accommodated changes, and added special treats along the way to help us celebrate. We looked forward to our dinners every night and can't wait to stay at the Nines again! Thank you for a great weekend!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear mhenrysea,

Thank you for choosing the Nines. We are honored that you chose to stay with us for a birthday celebration and we appreciate your acknowledgement of the exceptional services that Laurie and Josie provided. It will be a pleasure to share your review with them as we know that they both truly take pride in providing service that is beyond expectation. Please visit us again in the future.