3,264 results
All reviewsurban farmerthe club loungerooftop bardeparture restaurantdeparture loungepioneer squaredepartment storeturn down servicetop floorconcierge deskcity viewbeautiful hotelheart of downtowncorner roomvalet parkingvalet servicefitness center
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Nines is more than a hotel.....it's an experience! WOW doesn't even describe it. This hotel is not "standard" in any way. The service, the location, and the FURNISHINGS are awesome. The rooms are spacious, beautifully designed, have all the amenities (flat screen TV, desk, hairdryer, etc.) the beds are over-the-top comfortable and even the lobby just begs you to stay awhile. Rooftop bar/restaurant, lobby restaurant and the center of the city at your feet. If you want to be in the heart of Portland you can't do better than The Nines.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Nines as your preferred hotel in Portland! We are thrilled to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our first time at the Nines, trendy boutique hotel in the middle of dt Portland. My husband and I did a mini baby-moon for 3 nights.

We checked in at 4pm, while our check in was at 3pm and NO ROOMS were ready. I appreciated the quick compensation of a meal at the restaurant while I wait, but I told the front desk that I'll save the meal comp for in-room dining which was no problem at all.

I was really close to asking if we could ask for a room upgrade since our booked room was unavailable, but the room was ready after a little wait in the lobby. I wonder if this happens often.

There's only one set of elevators, for both service and guests, so while there were PLENTY of elevators.. it often gets cramped with hospitality service, guests, people from the gym (blech), and people trying to get to the restaurant.

To use the elevators from the floor level, you need your room key which was both safety peace of mind but also annoying because I needed to have my key ready. Parking was no issue. We did not valet, because the affordable parking was nearby.

Other than those few things we had an overall great experience. They offered 500 spg pts/night if we turned down the linen service-- green and gained pts!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Nines to celebrate your special occasion! While I am delighted to hear that you participated in our Make a Green Choice Program I am disappointed to hear that your room was not ready upon arrival and for this I send my most sincere apologies. We value the feedback that you have provided and we will learn from this opportunity. Please visit us again during your next trip to Portland as it would be our pleasure to welcome you.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed for a week to settle my daughter into college and we loved everything. The valet service was top notch with several attendants, holding your bags, directions. Up to check in and lovely sheer curtains blow in the wind. Concierge service was helpful. Both restaurants excellent. We went to the one upstairs, asian cuisine - WOW - excellent!. The bedding is luxurious too, big down comforters and turn down service. The rooms are smallish and of course it isn't inexpensive but I got a deal on line; also no spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a bright room. I changed as I was there a week and my room was very, very dark.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our staff strives to provide personalized service to all guests and we are pleased to learn you have experienced this first hand. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again on your next trip to Portland.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here a weeks ago for the 3rd time in 10 months, and it keeps getting better. Excellent customer service, clean and big rooms, centrally located, diverse room service menu. Loved the drinks, classy crowd and view at the Departure Lounge on the 15th Floor. Also enjoyed the tasty food at Urban Farmer restaurant on the 8th floor.

Room Tip: Get a room away form the elevator and if you want to splurge try the club level on the 12th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review! I am pleased we were able to provide an exceptional experience continually and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Portland.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pros;
- Location
- Well furnished and equipped rooms
- Food and bar in the hotel are great!
- Service

Cons;
- Parking is problematic (but there is a Valet)
- The design is trendy, but trends do change

Bottom line;
One of the best in downtown Portland

Room Tip: stay away from rooms near the elevators - noisy, even very late at night
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We would be pleased to welcome you again on your next trip to Portland.