The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$200
$343
$327
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
$184
$178
Travelocity
3,055 results
All reviewsurban farmerthe club loungerooftop bardeparture loungedeparture restaurantpioneer squaredepartment storeturn down serviceconcierge desktop floorcity viewbeautiful hotelheart of downtowncorner roomvalet parkingvalet servicefitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Room requests that were emailed and called in completely ignored. Their least expensive rooms face the inside of the hotel -- not pleasant. Safe and one of tje phones were not working. Location is very good.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank irene1201
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

We appreciate the candid feedback. Due to the historic design of the building our guestrooms have a variety of views. The service lapses experienced are inexcusable- please note that I have addressed this with the team. Please feel free to contact me below if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Honestly there's no better venue than The Nines to host a corporate function, as my company did last week. The facilities are top notch, great AV, food and bev are fantastic, I have zero complaints there.

I noticed a couple of changes since the last time I stayed that did not convey "upscale hotel experience" to me. First, the gorgeous teal couches in the rooms were upholstered in a beautiful fabric that I don't think are meant for high-frequency, hard use, so they're already starting to show their age. In the bathrooms, they no longer have Gilcrest and Somes toiletries. Instead, they now have permanent soap/shampoo/conditioner fixtures in the shower itself—which I haven't seen since my dorm days in college. Lastly, I was asked at check-in if I wanted to dispense with housekeeping in an effort to be "green." Um, I'm sorry, but if The Nines wants to skimp out on services to save a quick buck, don't couch it in a disingenuous "green" initiative. Also, if I'm paying The Nines prices, I want The Nines service. Cut more corners and I'm not going to see much of a difference between you and a budget motel off the interstate.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kingofqueenanne

I am so pleased you enjoyed you continue to enjoy your experience with us time and time again. I regret to hear that your most recent experience was anything but exceptional. Please accept my apologies on behalf of our team. We are currently in the process of reupholstering the settees in each guest room and while we invite all of our guests to participate in the Nines sustainable ethos we are happy to accommodate those who prefer not to partake. Please let me know if you are interested in discussing your comments further. I hope you will return to visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed with my 27 year old daughter who lives in Portland on the club floor. We had a magnificent stay! The staff of the Nines were all so personable and helpful! The accommodations very comfortable and the nightly turndown service delightful. We ate at both restaurants, had a drink on the rooftop and made full use of the club lounge. I had been in town the preceding week at another hotel for conferences and the Nines was a nice break. Thank you :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I visited Portland with my mother for Mother's Day weekend. Mom is used to staying at the Ritz or Four Seasons, so when I told her Portland had neither she became a little skeptical of our trip. Luckily, not only did the rooms meet her standards, but the service, especially in the Club Lounge, was exceptional throughout our four night stay. I will say the hotel had a little more modern/minimalist vibe than we are used to, but it was still lovely and comfortable. The location was great! Easy walking to restaurants, shopping and weekend Farmers Market. Lastly, the highlight of our stay was the food! I don't typically eat at hotel restaurants - like to get out and explore - but we couldn't get Mother's Day brunch reservations anywhere else and decided to take one of the last reservations at Urban Farmer. It was amazing!!! The restaurant was packed the entire day with locals, which I think speaks highly for its brunch. Also, on Friday night we dined at Departure on the top floor of the hotel. Again, the food was delicious - and unique. Will say the cliental and atmosphere on Friday night was pretty young and hip, though. Made this 38-year-old feel way too old to hang out at the rooftop bar with her mother... Will definitely stay here on return trips to Portland!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for choosing to be our guest during your visit to Portland. I am very pleased to learn that our team provided you with exceptional service throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the property. We look forward to welcoming you in the future!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I headed to Nines Hotel for our Anniversary. We used a suite upgrade from my Platinum Membership with spg. When we first arrived at the hotel we were greeted and told to head up to the lobby (you take an elevator to the lobby). Check-in was not so smooth as our suite was given away and the front desk did not understand the spg program at all. We were given a another suite by above the restaurant which I would not recommended because of noise. I contacted spg about the mix up and with in minutes I received a call from Lisa in the Nines Hotel Office. All I have to say is Lisa is Gem!! She apologized for the mix up and upgrade graded us the next couple of nights to the Presidential Suite. She also helped us with restaurant recommendations and what to do in town.

The hotel itself is set in pioneer square which is in the heart of Portland, It provides great views of the city and the Club Lounge offers great service ( Breakfast, Evening snacks, dessert, coffee service)and and Concierge who knows the town! Great Hotel for Business or Couples!

The Nines redeemed itself and would stay here anytime!

Room Tip: Room with a view of the city not restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

I am very pleased to learn that your enjoyed your anniversary in light of the inconveniences you encountered. We appreciate your loyalty as an SPG Platinum member and look forward to celebrating anniversaries with you in the future!