“Favorite hotel!”

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland
Ranked #20 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We love staying at The Nines when traveling to Portland. Now that we moved to the area, the saddest part is not having the need to stay here anymore! Top notch service, clean rooms, relaxing common areas, amazing food. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank nwvacationers
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

You are always welcome to join us on a weekend staycation! We hope to be seeing you again at the Nines soon.

There are newer reviews for The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've just checked in and will be staying at the Nines for the remainder of the week. It's in a very nice central location in Portland and I the staff at the front desk have been very welcoming. The rooms are spacious and very nicely decorated with a very good bathroom. I did have to wait for a couple of at checkin for housecleaning to make sure that the room was ready, but the concierge was very helpful and brought the room keys directly to me when the room was prepared and it's good to see they check each room to make sure it's good enough for your custom after housekeeping.

The restaurant is good for breakfast and staff very attentive. I haven't tried any other meals in the hotel, but the concierge was very good at recommending restaurants in Portland.

The only problem that I have is that I am a light sleeper. My room is overlooking the atrium (which is very nice) but the music that they have in the evenings carries into my room and was preventing me from sleeping. The receptionists were apologetic and have offered to try to get me a better room for the rest of my trip, but if you are a light sleeper I would recommend a room that's higher up to avoid the noise.

I'll update this review at the end of the week with my experiences.

Room Tip: Have a room on higher floors to prevent music from the atrium disturbing your sleep
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We hope that you continue to enjoy your stay and we apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at the Nines February 8-11, 2013 to celebrate our anniversary and an early Valentines Day . What a fantastic hotel. Very chic, comfortable, and the rooms spacious. The hotel is close to everything in downtown Portland . The staff was very friendly. The service, fantastic! We were concerned about the parking, don't worry the Valet is fantastic. For dinner, there is a WONDERFUL restaurant at the hotel called Departure. What a view!!!!!!! They have a fantastic happy hour and dinners are amazing! We have had dinner at Departure a number of times in the past. Never disappointed. We will definitely stay at the Nines again!!!

Room Tip: From what we were told by other guests staying at the hotel, there are no "bad" rooms. Al...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LovesFunSun

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at the Nines! I am very pleased to learn that your enjoyed your anniversary and our team provided you with an exceptional service throughout your stay. We will share your delightful comments with the Departure Restaurant. I look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is my second time at the hotel and the room is again wonderfully chic, comfy and clean. I rarely write a review in trip, but I couldnt wait to commend the staff for their exceptional service! From the moment I arrived every member of the staff was generous with their time, concern and personal perspectives on Portland (I'm in the process of relocating to the city). Jayson is sent from heaven! If you want a great location, wonderful service and a bit of luxury in Portland go for The Nines. Their top floor restaurant Departure is also fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lotuslight73

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your feedback. We truly appreciate your kind words in regards to our service and commending our staff. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with Jayson and the whole of our hotel and restaurant teams. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had 3 adults and a baby in our room, and the room was very spacious, with a nice view of the city. The beds were super comfortable - so much so that we ended up sleeping in and ordering room service two days in a row. The room service was great - arrived quickly and was delicious. Beautiful, large bathroom. And the staff was super friendly. Great location, with a light rail stop right in front of the hotel. The hotel has a hipster vibe, but I felt very welcome there with a baby in tow. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pisces714

Thank you very much for leaving such positive comments. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and felt our teams of service professionals were helpful. We hope your travel plans bring you back to our city and that we are fortunate enough to welcome you and your family back to the Nines if your travel plans allow it.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at The Nines for three nights with our teenage son. We requested adjoining rooms and extra pillows before we arrived and were delighted that both requests were fulfilled without a question. We had booked a King deluxe and a double queen, but when we got to the rooms the double queen turned out to be a huge corner room so my husband and I took that one, and put our son in the much smaller King room. The double queen room was huge and very comfortable with loads of windows and great city views - I would not have been nearly as happy with the deluxe King as it was a bit pokey and dark with only another building to look at. The bathrooms were just ok, I was very disappointed not to have a bathtub as I love taking baths when I'm on vacation. The toiletries were nice, but no cotton buds/cotton wool/shower cap or any other little extras that you usually get at this caliber of hotel. The lotion came in a paper tube type thing which was a bit weird.
The staff at the hotel were unerringly helpful and friendly - the guys downstairs by the valet especially. Got a great coffee shop recommendation (Barista) and driving directions when we needed them. The valet parking is a bit steep at $39 per day though!
The Urban Farmer restaurant was fantastic, and the upstairs bar was great on the one fine day we were able to sit outside on the terrace.
All in all a good stay and a good hotel. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed you continue to enjoy your experience with us time and time again. I regret to hear that your most recent experience was anything but exceptional. Your comments have been shared with our housekeeping team to ensure this type of service is not repeated. I hope you will return to visit us again very soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

5/5 Easily - this hotel is stunning from the red carpet entranceway to the foyer of the hotel and the rooms are amazing. It is first class all the way. It is by far one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in and I have stayed in many. The location is wonderful for shopping in downtown Portland. It is close to all of the food trucks if that is your thing. I just love The Nines!

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed in any of the rooms here. I have stayed in a few and I have never been...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Margaret K

Many thanks on your red carpet comments! I truly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience and for recommending our property. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.