“best local food”

Kauai Island Grill
Ranked #2,058 of 4,592 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Best place to eat when away from islands. Serving very generous and onolicious. Staff very friendly and makes you feel at home. Don't know what the other guys were talking about but will tell all locals to go to Kauai Island Grill when in Oregon and missing home. Owner makes you feel like Aunty is taking good care of you....

4  Thank ntcarrie

Reviewed August 18, 2008

I have gone to Kauai Island Grill about 3 times the food is so so , but not great. However I have decided not to go back due to the service. There is a short wahine girl that looks like she is in her late 30's, who has waited on us numerous times, and is absolutely the WORST waitress I have ever had anywhere! She is rude, impersonable, and just plain bad. Almost every time she waits on us she doesn't refill our drinks unless asked (when we can get her over to the table), SLAMS down our food on the table and just walks away. I'm local from the island of Maui, but for some reason, she sees me as a haole. Will bring the check when your not done, which means she doesn't want to get you anymore drinks. The last time I went in to the KIG, I I requested the mom to wait on us. Tempers flew. I guess she has her favorites, and treated us like we don't belong there. So we decided it's not worth going back to, there fore we will no longer be going to Kauai Island Grill until this lady is GONE!!

2  Thank BuckyBBoy