“authentic, good portioned Mexican food”
Review of La Bamba

La Bamba
Ranked #1,154 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 28, 2016

My boyfriend and I love Mexican food and have our go-to places. We wanted to try somewhere new and after googling "best Mexican restaurants" we saw La Bamba and decided to give it a try. The server was fast and nice. We started with a cactus salad. It tasted good but not sure it is something i would order again (was my first time trying cactus). We split one of the daily specials, which was a chicken verde dish, and also shared a dish on the menu that was an Oaxan brown mole. They were both delicious. The food came out fast and we had enough leftover for lunch the following day. We will be back.

2  Thank laura c

Reviewed January 2, 2016 via mobile

So go for the excellent friendly staff, the coconut flan, the margaritas and the mole. If you love Frida, bonus!
Also! Ask for a vegetarian menu. Even though I eat meat I have tried many of the dishes on that menu and they were all really very good.

1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed August 9, 2015

We come here quite often, and love the food and drinks. But what we like best is how the people who work there make you feel. I've been in food and beverage for 25 years and it's just real nice to go somewhere that still cares about service

1  Thank Brad L
Reviewed June 9, 2015 via mobile

I tried this for lunch with my friend who also loves authentic Mexican food, and we were both very impressed. I love their enchiladas, with the most fresh mole and Verde sauce, delicious avocado, black beans and rice. So authentic, and I will come back forever. So incredibly delicious. I also had a fantastic la cazuela cocktail I highly recommend, and this is the best spot for authentic Mexican food that I have found in Portland. A+++ ❤

Reviewed March 23, 2015 via mobile

The food is Amazing! The staff are fast and friendly! Very nice atmosphere! The staff ALL OF THEM make you feel like your the most important customer in the building. Amazing service, great food (be seriously hungry) excellent portions. This will now be our new home for Mexican food. If you want the greatest service ever you have to come to LA Bamaba.