“Feels like home!”

La Bamba
Ranked #1,154 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 9, 2015

We come here quite often, and love the food and drinks. But what we like best is how the people who work there make you feel. I've been in food and beverage for 25 years and it's just real nice to go somewhere that still cares about service

1  Thank Brad L

Reviewed June 9, 2015 via mobile

I tried this for lunch with my friend who also loves authentic Mexican food, and we were both very impressed. I love their enchiladas, with the most fresh mole and Verde sauce, delicious avocado, black beans and rice. So authentic, and I will come back forever. So incredibly delicious. I also had a fantastic la cazuela cocktail I highly recommend, and this is the best spot for authentic Mexican food that I have found in Portland. A+++ ❤

Reviewed March 23, 2015 via mobile

The food is Amazing! The staff are fast and friendly! Very nice atmosphere! The staff ALL OF THEM make you feel like your the most important customer in the building. Amazing service, great food (be seriously hungry) excellent portions. This will now be our new home for Mexican food. If you want the greatest service ever you have to come to LA Bamaba.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We checked this site for a great recommendations and it sent us here. OUTSTANDING food, wonderful staff, Marguerite's are Tyne bomb. A must try, you will be glad you did.

1  Thank Sissycat57
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was our first visit to La Bamba. We have passed by many times on our way to the "Original Taco House" further south on Powell Blvd. Some close friends insisted that we "just had to eat there". Am I glad we did! We have spent a good deal of time in Mexico and Central America and this restaurant has an incredible array of authentic and delicious dishes not found in your typical "Mexican restaurant" north of the Rio Grande. The wait staff and cook are friendly and helpful. Prices are moderate with large sized portions. The atmosphere is very pleasant and relaxing, complete with several wonderful portraits of the ubiquitous "Frida" Kahlo. I can see visiting La Bamba at least once a week for the rest of my life!