“My new Favorite spot for the best Mole sauce!!”
Review of La Bamba

La Bamba
Ranked #1,154 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 9, 2015 via mobile

I tried this for lunch with my friend who also loves authentic Mexican food, and we were both very impressed. I love their enchiladas, with the most fresh mole and Verde sauce, delicious avocado, black beans and rice. So authentic, and I will come back forever. So incredibly delicious. I also had a fantastic la cazuela cocktail I highly recommend, and this is the best spot for authentic Mexican food that I have found in Portland. A+++ ❤

Reviewed March 23, 2015 via mobile

The food is Amazing! The staff are fast and friendly! Very nice atmosphere! The staff ALL OF THEM make you feel like your the most important customer in the building. Amazing service, great food (be seriously hungry) excellent portions. This will now be our new home for Mexican food. If you want the greatest service ever you have to come to LA Bamaba.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We checked this site for a great recommendations and it sent us here. OUTSTANDING food, wonderful staff, Marguerite's are Tyne bomb. A must try, you will be glad you did.

1  Thank Sissycat57
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was our first visit to La Bamba. We have passed by many times on our way to the "Original Taco House" further south on Powell Blvd. Some close friends insisted that we "just had to eat there". Am I glad we did! We have spent a good deal of time in Mexico and Central America and this restaurant has an incredible array of authentic and delicious dishes not found in your typical "Mexican restaurant" north of the Rio Grande. The wait staff and cook are friendly and helpful. Prices are moderate with large sized portions. The atmosphere is very pleasant and relaxing, complete with several wonderful portraits of the ubiquitous "Frida" Kahlo. I can see visiting La Bamba at least once a week for the rest of my life!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I never write reviews, ever!! However this restaurant deserves the time and praise.
I am Mexican and lived in many parts of the USA because of the work I do, and this is quite possibly the best menú I have seen and the most authentic food we have eaten in USA, I am not talking about your run of the mill antojitos, or typical “dishes you can find anywhere” but great dishes, unpretentious service, and friendly staff “food paired with great service” still the ONLY formula to get people to come back. I work in the hospitality business and like I mentioned at the beginning, I simply do not write reviews but this place certainly deserves my time and my honest feedback
AR