“Lovely restaurant!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th
Transit: Tri-met bus line 15
Description: Nostrana—literally 'ours' —invokes local. Simple food from honest ingredients. Pure. Regional. Italian. Opened in 2005, Nostrana is Chef/Owner Cathy Whims' love letter to Italy. This is a restaurant built on relationships: with our amazing farmers and purveyors, our dedicated staff, and of course with you, our guest. We hope to offer something timeless and authentic in a beautiful space, the regional specialties of Italy deeply rooted in the Pacific Northwest. We strive to be better every day.
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

We found this place by chance and made a reservation for bar seating. That was so much fun. When I couldn't decide which white wine to have, our bartender/server let me try them both. I ordered the 'straw and hay' and it very good. You must also save room for dessert.
Our dinner was great, service was the same and we will be back!

Reviewed April 14, 2019

We ate with fellow travelors from a trip to Italy last year. Nostrana is as good as any there and the food and atmosphere reminded me of those local italian places we loved so much from the trip. We live over 40 miles from Portland, but will make the trip again soon and often.

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

This place has been excellent for a long time. Their obviously hand-made gnocchi are outstanding; their salads imaginative; it's like eating in Italy - conveniently in close-SE Portland

Reviewed March 25, 2019

I was hosted by Two Holy Cross Priest who when I asked where we could get some good Italian food - brought me to Nostrana for lunch. Being from Chicago, I had little expectations of being impressed with the Italian food in Oregon.

Well, I was wrong BIG TIME! This place is amazing and the ambiance is as if you were sitting in Rome. I started with the Insalata Nostrana which is their version of a Ceazar. My next entry was the Pizze Diavola. A brick oven baked pizza made with spicy sausage, mozzarella, provolone, tomato, Mama Lil's Peppers and topped with Arugula. Absolutely the best pizza I ever tasted. Next was the Bolognese. It was amazing! The wine selection is also impressive.

An added surprise was when Dario Cecchini made his grand entrance with the sound of an Italian horn and a loud "Bonjourno!". He was the featured culinary star guest at an event thast evening at the restaurant. A must if you're in Portland.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 20, 2019

First time visit. Nice and comfortable atmosphere, with a friendly and polite staff. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu. Four of us all had different entrees and we were all satisfied with our selections. We had the charcuterie plate which was elegant but a little short of quantity. A couple desserts were also enjoyed. None of us had pizza, but it looked very good at the table nearby. Menu changes daily which could provide other options we didn't experience. Overall, I would return and recommend.

Date of visit: March 2019