“good clean economical motel in the area”

Budget Lodge Portland
Budget Lodge Portland
Ranked #123 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Yakima, WA
“good clean economical motel in the area”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

If you want to save a bundle this is a place to go and its a nice clean room. I ran into the place while i was driving to OHSU for my meeting and looked nice and newly remodeled sign prompted me to take a look at their facility. Service was good, I was only there for night so hard to say much on the service but they were the cheapest in the area and it was nice and quiet with all the general motel amenities with ref/micro, cable tv, wifi, phone etc.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Brad_peterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
jmelissa1
Reviewed December 30, 2008

The room was ice cold and all the electrical was unplugged. Then it took about half-hour to begin to take the chill out of the room. I called for a wake-up call. First no answer, on second call they told me to come to the office for a clock. The 40 year old Timex clock never did go off. Luckily I had my cell phone set as a backup alarm.

I hoped the room had a table or desk, but no such luck. Just a night stand with TV on top of it. The pillow smelled bad, like bodily fluids. It was noisy all night with the heater running continuously because it has no thermostat. (just off, low or high). In the morning, the shower did not work. I had to dissasemble the shower head and clean the screen to get the water to flow.

Besides the bad room and service, I was a little annoyed by their bad ethics. I called ahead and got a rate of $42 which I confirmed when I arrived. Then he said I had to pay cash because his credit card machine was broken. He kept an extra $8 of my change. When asked, he said it was "the tax". I asked for a receipt and he said I needed to get it the next morning after turning in my key. I felt stuck because they have a "no refunds" sign posted. Also it was late and I was tired. The next day when I asked for receipt, she gave me back my guest registration card with a $50 rate written on it. No receipt, no tax, just $8 more for the room rate. I am sure they are not paying the tax but if they were it would have been half the amount they kept.

I checked out and moved to a nearby Motel 6 the next night for about the same money. Compared to that dump the Motel 6 feels like a five star hotel. Do yourself a favor and skip this place to begin with

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank jmelissa1

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

la jolla
Reviewed August 3, 2008

This hotels wasn't listed anywhere on the web so i decided to venture in as it looked like a new hotel and to my surprise the rates were low compared to other hotels in the city and rooms were clean and economical. It did included a fridge and microwave that was great. There were still doing more remodeling to but all major work was completed so i did not have to deal with any issues with noise or trucks going in and out. I wold recommend this hotel for anyone that is looking for a nice clean and inexpensive place with all the amenities of bigger hotel.

• Liked — Very cozy rooms and use of soft colors were nice compared to other hotels
  • Disliked — still were reomodeling and office wasn't completed and wifi was being installed so wan't able to access internet.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Aladdin Inn and Suites
Briarwood Suites
#109 of 142 in Portland
Chestnut Tree Inn Portland Mall 205
Quality Inn Tigard - Portland Southwest

Been to Budget Lodge Portland? Share your experiences!