“Lion and Rose wows”

Lion and the Rose Victorian Guest House
Ranked #1 of 34 Portland B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2006

My husband and I spent three glorious days in Portland at The Lion and The Rose. Our room was so welcoming and spacious (The Joseph), the extra little touches like making the bed while we were at breakfast, and the wonderful lotion and shampoo, make it extra special. And the breakfasts -- everything was incredible! And the custom maps that Steve provides for the guests made traveling around Portland a breeze. We would highly recommend a stay there.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank breggy

Reviewed August 27, 2006

We spent three wonderful nights in this most beautiful and historic (100 years old) B&B. The innkeepers, Steve and Dusty are surely great hosts and made the experience really special. the breakfasts and amenities were wonderful. this is a definite keeper and is an Inn that everyone should at least stay once. You will quickly fall in love with the whole experience. Steve and Dusty keep up the great charm and work.

Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed August 27, 2006

We got married in their beautiful garden and spent a wonderful day and night in their home. They were spectacular and helped create an incredible day for the two of us and all our guests. We will be back, and I'm sure it will coinside with our anniversary.

Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed August 24, 2006

My husband and I stayed in the Esplanade room upstairs with a king size bed. The bathroom was very small, but the bed was very comfortable. The innkeepers were very accomodating and provided excellent restaurant choices (Milo's Cafe) within walking distance. We stayed here one night, as the final destination of an 8 day driving trip through norther California and Oregon. As we had to leave very early in the morning to catch our plane home and would miss the breakfast, the innkeepers very kindly set out some fruit, muffins, power bars and raisins for us to take along with us, which was very nice. If you are looking for an alternative to a hotel on your visit to Portland and don't need to be in the downtown area, I recommend staying here. We were happy to see that the Inn was full the night of our stay.

• Stayed: August 2006
1  Thank Magibess
Reviewed July 19, 2006

I took an InnKeepers Training course in May at The Lion and Rose. I am from Seattle and own a Guesthouse and wanted to learn everything possible to be an excellent InnKeeper and Host!

From the Moment I got to the B&B to the Moment I left, I had such a great time. Steve and Dusty were Fabulous Hosts, along with there Staff Rusty and Dusty!! (It Rhymes) When I was coming back to Seattle, I cried a bit thinking about not only how much I learned, But how much fun I had staying there, Meeting all there guests and Participating in the Future of my Bed and Breakfast.
I had the best 10 days that I can recall in a long time. Even though it was a training, It was fun to just get away.
They make it all look so easy. But it's hard work and the reward is great. -:)

I tried several places to eat that they reccomended **MILO'S**
just a few blocks away. I also discovered Yukki's Sushi and I highly reccomend it!! The area is bursting with Stores and Light rail is blocks away.
I also stayed as a Guest at one of there Friends B&B's around the corner and had a great time as well as conversation.

I stayed in the Rose Room on the Main floor, what a delight. Its a grand room with beautiful furnishings combined with modern ammenties. The bathroom with Jacuzzi and seperate shower are great and the view looking to the NEW Garden Courtyard is fantastic.

So when deciding where to stay in Portland, Think no further and stay at the Lion and Rose.. It's worth every $$$

My future success will be because of them!!!

Josh
Seattle,WA

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank innharmony
Reviewed July 6, 2006

We booked the Starina room after reading the glowing TripAdvisor reviews and visiting the B&B's website. We were not disappointed!

The Lion & the Rose, set in Portland's historic Irvington district, is a 1906 Victorian that has been restored and landscaped to perfection. When we arrived, were were greeted and given an orientation to the house and neighborhood. The hosts also helped us with our luggage.

The owners seem to have thought of everything; no detail has been overlooked. For example, they provided colorful maps of the area that included recommended restaurants and points of interest. The common areas are packed with antiques and other knickknacks, which demonstrates pride of place and trust in their guests.

The delicious homemade breakfast was served buffet-style in the dining room and included crustless quiche, ham, crepes, a platter of mixed sliced fruit, and other yummies.

We've raved about Lion/Rose to family and friends. It's THE place to stay in Portland!

BTW, two of our fellow guests were staying here to celebrate their wedding anniversary. That's how wonderful this place is.

1  Thank LA2Ventura
Reviewed April 25, 2006

Wonderful B & B in NE Portland Irvington District. It is located in a 1906 era home just off of Braodway, a short walk to the Max and easy public transpoortation all around Portland. The ambience and hospitality is wonderful. The breakfasts were outstanding and the assistance with touring Portalnd and the surrounding area superb. I couldn't find any faults with this B & B and I usually find something not quite right about a B & B or inn. I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in a quiet, informal and welcoming place.

2  Thank lleichtman