Clarion Hotel Portland Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsshari's restaurantlake viewportland airportroom was cleanfree breakfastshuttle driverrental carbiscuits and gravyhot breakfastan early flightcolumbia riverpool and hot tubnight's sleepfree parkingking roomcoffee makergreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was a free stay using Choice Privileges points, so I won't complain, but I will make some observations on my one night stay. First, Jeff at the front desk is one of the best I've seen in terms of keeping things running smoothly, singlehandedly. After he checked me in, a tour bus full pulled up and within 30 minutes the lobby was clear of people and luggage-and he was working the desk by himself! Other than that, I don't have any other pleasantries to offer.

The carpets are badly stained, the sink in the bathroom is entirely too small and the furnishings look cheap and probably are. I will say, however, that the bed was very comfy and the Internet was fast and free. Unfortunately, I had an early flight, so didn't stay for breakfast, but I hear its decent. However, due to the plethora of hotels in the vicinity, I'd probably choose the Courtyard or Staybridge Suites if I were returning to the area and wanted to be near the airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank romadaro
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

romadaro

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your interaction with Jeff and our bed. Jeff is an asset here at the Clarion. I am sorry that you won't be staying with us on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We came down to Portland for the day and decided to stay close to the airport as it was most convienent for us. Staff was helpful and pleasant. Our room was very large and beds were comforable and we did get a good night sleep. We did have a view of the pond behind the hotel, but it really needs some work around it to be a great view. We did our laundry while there and that was convienent, but $2 for a dry was too much. They tack on a few minor fees for "media acess assessment" ($1.50) and tourism levy ($2.25). The only issue I saw was that they hallway capets were a stained and needed to be cleaned or replaced. Breakfast was very good and a nice way to fill up for our exploring around Portand. I think this was a good choice for the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Werbrichfamily

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. The media access assessment was recently added to lessen the cost of watching individual movies. Guests now have access to dozens of movies for a minimal charge. The tourism levy is a fairly new tax imposed by the city of Portland. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My stay at the Clarion in Portland, Oregon provided for a good night's rest prior to my air travel to Phoenix. The room was clean and well apportioned and the bed was very comfortable. The staff of the hotel was friendly, courteous and did their best to be accommodating. The shuttle to the airport was comfortable and prompt. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Bruce M

Thank you for your review. We do our best to take care of our guests, and look forward to your next visit here to the Clarion.

Don GIbson

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We always stay here before we fly out of Portland and often the first night when we get in Portland. My husband had project he was working near the airport and always stayed here. The staff is always friendly and the room is always very clean. This time they had home made brownies in the lobby. I was impressed that there real dishes for breakfast and several hot items. The only thing we don't like is the small sink area. There is no place to put anything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Charlotte T

I think our park and fly package is an excellent deal. There are a number of guests that stay here when going out of town. We look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here while touring Portland and didn't go through the airport. The hotel and rooms were clean and the staff checking us in and out were very friendly and knew their jobs well. I didn't realize breakfast was included in the deal so that was a nice surprise. It's the usual complimentary breakfast and the staff had the food continuously stocked. Recommend it, especially if you get a good deal through one of the third-party sites.

Room Tip: Hotel advertises view of the river, but you will want to stay high up to take advantage of the view. The lower-floors views are obstructed by trees on the banks.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

The_Simple_Guy,

We thank you for taking the time to share your expreience with us, and look forward to your next visit.