Clarion Hotel Portland Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsshari's restaurantlake viewportland airportroom was cleanfree breakfastshuttle driverrental carbiscuits and gravyhot breakfastan early flightcolumbia riverpool and hot tubnight's sleepfree parkingking roomcoffee makergreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is our usual airport hotel for our out of town trips. We booked the park and fly rate for the beginning of our trip and another room for our return a week later. On the first night, we had an A/C that was quite noisy. We switched from fan to cool and it was a bit better, but in the middle of the night it started clanking and then died altogether. We reported it in the morning on checkout and they apologized and gave me an extra 1000 points on our Choice Privileges account. When we returned we got the best room we've ever had there, on the 4th floor with a very quiet A/C and got a wonderful full night's sleep.
This is by no means an upscale hotel, but we've always found it ideal for our needs. The rooms have nice views over a lake and the breakfast is the normal fare for such hotels, which is good enough.
What i did notice was that the hotel was in the process of upgrading a lot of the room amenities. New bathroom sink and tub/shower faucets, for example. I'm confident they'll soon replace (if they haven't already) the clunky A/C in that first room.

Room Tip: I don't know if all the rooms on the 4th floor are as nice as the one we had, but it's worth asking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

oregonpoppa,
I am glad to hear that the staff took care of you upon hearing of your A/C issues. I do recall hearing about the A/C the next day. The unit was replaced. Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your visits.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I booked a wake-up call with the front desk for 8.30 am (I told them i didn't have an appointment till 10 am) but was awoken by the telephone at 5.15 am instead! Not good. And I certainly wasn't offered an apology or a refund for their mistake. Also the windows are very thin and the rooms incredibly noisy early in the morning from the planes taking off: they could use some double-glazing. The breakfast is the only plus point here, decent coffee and orange juice plus free newspaper.

Room Tip: They have the hotel linked to a kiost at the Portland Airport --- along with about 10 other hotels --- and they came and picked me up within 15 minutes.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dannie J ,
I am sorry to hear that your experiences with us were not up to standard. I do apologize for the wake-up call at the incorrect time. I am pleased you liked the breakfast.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Everything was just fine on my stay: sevice, staff, complimentary breakfast and internet, room, cleaning, everything. Really recommended for business trips. You need a car, though, as it is quite far from downtown. REally close to the airport. Shuttle available

Room Tip: Once a week they have a show at the restaurant with free beverages. It's a Elvis Presley cover. Great to relax after a day of work.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Thiago_Pena

Thiago_Pena,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your input, and look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I travel quite a bit and I judge a hotel more by its customer service than the quality of its rooms. The Clarion has some fantastic staff members who made my three day stay enjoyable. One staff member, Maria, went out of her way to drop me off at a local shopping area on a return trip from a shuttle run to the airport. She also provided me with great walking directions back to the hotel and said that if I didn't feel like walking the two miles she would be happy to come back and pick me up. She definitely went above and beyond her duties and I truly appreciated it.
My room was clean, although some of the furniture did show some signs of wear and tear. I had a nice view of the nearby man-made lake. The outside noise was about what I expected for a hotel so close to airport.
All in all a nice stay. The staff is a great example of exceptional customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tami H
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Tami H,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for sharing your experience with Maria. She is an asset to our team. We look forward to your next visit here at the Clarion.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here on two separate occasions on a recent trip to the Northwest. And I'd stayed here one previously.

On this go-around, the first stay worked out better than the second. There was a bit more noise than usual (seemed to be a large group of young people on my floor), but otherwise it went about as well as when I was here about a year and a half ago. On the second stay, they initially put me in a room that I was certain someone must have smoked in recently. (Also, the toilet wouldn't stop running.) So I visited the front desk and they happily moved me, and explained that my initial room was directly above a smoking room. Lesson learned.

I still love the proximity to the airport, the nearby bike/jogging paths and the front desk service. And it would be very hard to beat the price.

Room Tip: If you choose a non-smoking room, ask for one that is not located directly above a smoking room. Otherwise, you'll likely smell smoke, especially in the bathroom area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

kcboy,
We thank you for choosing to stay with us on your trips to Portland. I am sorry that you had to move rooms on this most recent visit. We look forward to your next visit.
-Don Gibson