“Great hotel if you don't need internet”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport
Ranked #61 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We spent three days here. Loved the spacious room, which had lots of little extras. The pool and the jacuzzi were outstanding. There were several free breakfast options. But if you need wireless internet, stay elsewhere. It almost never worked except in the public areas, which was very frustrating because I had work to do. I spoke to the desk twice but there was nothing they could do. When I pointed out that the words "free internet in every room" were emblazoned on the building, I was told "It doesn't say wireless." A real inconvenience which almost ruined an otherwise great stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris L
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn- Portland Airport. I am sincerely sorry that you had difficulty with the internet during your stay and we have contacted our IT department. They have made some immediate changes which should make getting connected easier and in addition they are working on a new provider for our internet service which should increase our capacity. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We drove from Salt Lake City to Portland. A nice surprise upon arrival was that the hot tub/pool was open later than normal hours, and we were offered a complimentary glass of wine at the hotel's bar. A very nice way to relax after a long drive. Staff was courteous, the rooms were clean and comfortable for a very affordable price. Although room decor was somewhat outdated, the size of the room more than made up for it. We had a large separate kitchen area with a table, microwave, sink and small fridge (at no extra charge). We will definitely stay there again! Good accommodations and great value with added perks!

Room Tip: Make sure you get your free breakfast at the restaurant (in lieu of the lobby) and don't forget...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elena B

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your great review on your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Portland Airport. It is such a great motivation to not only myself, but our entire staff when our guests enjoy their stay and feel that it was a good value. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Held annual Ships Reunion at the Shilo Inn Portland Airport. Hotel was very clean and well maintained. Breakfast has two options, sit down in Hotel Restaurant with limited menu, or Continental Breakfast in the Lobby. Staff was limited, but as helpful as they could be. There were several other events taking place at the same time and all seemed to be handled quite well with minimal impact on each other. Several of the attendees had problems with room keys, seems they had just started a new system and wasn't completely checked out. The location of the hotel is excellent, close to the airport without being right on it, and close to a major freeway. Hotel ran shuttles to the Airport where one can catch the local light rail system called the MAX that take you right into Portland.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear ChehalisMasterChief,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding the Shilo Inn Portland Airport Suites. Please accept my apologies on the key issues you had during your stay. We sincerely hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Portland.

Tim Laib, CHA

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We needed a hotel near the airport so picked Shilo. First, it's very very outdated. I immediately thought my late grandmother would love it! And while the styling of it is quite dated, there were many nice features. The room was very large with an extra sitting area. There were also two sinks. . one in the bathroom and the other in the room. VERY convenient. We paid quite a high price, we think, for the lack of contemporary style. . . but it was clean and provided comfort. AND there was a TV in the bathroom. . . . interesting.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Wendy M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of the Shilo Inn Suites Portland Airport. We are constantly working on updating the facilities and recently started replacing all the TV’s, refrigerators and microwaves. We are also working on replacing our bedding packages and have several rooms scheduled for new carpet. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Portland and see the improvements we are making.

Tim Laib, CHA

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I normally stay at another hotel when flying out of this airport. All brands were full and I needed two rooms for an early morning flight. The Shilo had rooms available and the rooms were large, well appointed and quite comfortable. It has been a long time since I stayed and was pleasantly surprised at what a nice property this was.

There is a nice pool, hot tub and restaurant as well as airport shuttle. We will remember this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: As an airport hotel, you may notice the plane noise and where you are located won't matter. We...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear MJBaer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review of the Shilo Inn Suites, Portland Airport. We are indeed very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you were “pleasantly surprised” with our facility. It is very nice to hear when we exceed our guest’s expectations. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed two months as I completed a contract assignment. I was treated well by the staff, the room was spacious, and cleaning was done well and timely.The room was more like a suite, which gave it a more homey feel. The one issue I had was that the key cards had to be routinely rekeyed in order to work.

Room Tip: I liked staying on the ground floor. It made it easier to get new key cards when the one issued fail...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lascolinasjlf

Dear lascolinasjlf,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time to post your recent review regarding your stay at the Shilo Inn Suites, Portland Airport. It is indeed a compliment to hear of your positive comments regarding the staff, the room, and the cleanliness of the facility, especially from a guest who was on an extended stay. I sincerely apologize for the key issues, and assure you we are working on correcting this. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent service and food in restaurant. Suite was large with all amenities I needed. Quite comfortable, safe, and clean. Staff was very accommodating. Excellent shuttle service to and from airport, as well as daily use to train station for trip into downtown Portland. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Womanofhope

Dear Womanofhope,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of the Shilo Inn Suites, Portland Airport. It is a great motivation to our staff and myself when we receive such excellent comments. I will share your comments with all of our departments and staff. We sincerely look forward to seeing you in the near future.