“Interesting Room Layout” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Dallas, Texas
“Interesting Room Layout”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed two months as I completed a contract assignment. I was treated well by the staff, the room was spacious, and cleaning was done well and timely.The room was more like a suite, which gave it a more homey feel. The one issue I had was that the key cards had to be routinely rekeyed in order to work.

Room Tip: I liked staying on the ground floor. It made it easier to get new key cards when the one issued fail...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lascolinasjlf
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear lascolinasjlf,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time to post your recent review regarding your stay at the Shilo Inn Suites, Portland Airport. It is indeed a compliment to hear of your positive comments regarding the staff, the room, and the cleanliness of the facility, especially from a guest who was on an extended stay. I sincerely apologize for the key issues, and assure you we are working on correcting this. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Tim Laib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent service and food in restaurant. Suite was large with all amenities I needed. Quite comfortable, safe, and clean. Staff was very accommodating. Excellent shuttle service to and from airport, as well as daily use to train station for trip into downtown Portland. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Womanofhope
Dear Womanofhope,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of the Shilo Inn Suites, Portland Airport. It is a great motivation to our staff and myself when we receive such excellent comments. I will share your comments with all of our departments and staff. We sincerely look forward to seeing you in the near future.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Easy check-in and out. Nice friendly staff in fact we didn't really have any problems at any of the 7 hotels we stayed in this trip. We were staying here for 3 nights as a handy hotel within driving distance of a wedding we were attending at Hood River. We made use of the handy free airport shuttle bus and from the airport, got the MAX train into the city for a wander round. There was a gym and swimming pool but we were too busy with the wedding stuff to make use. Parking and wi-fi was free and we were given a breakfast vouchers each, enough for one each morning to cover certain choices of breakfast or $3 off other breakfasts on the menu.

The only problem we had here was being next door to a very rowdy family. I swear there were about 7 children stating here with their mother? We had arrived back late one night, about 11.30pm and you could hear who turned out to be this family making a very big racket in the pool. One of those rowdy families that, if you did want to use the pool, you wouldn't want to use it while they were there, a bit off-putting. Luckily I was still up around 1am when I could hear a noise that sounded a bit like an alarm. It wasn't very loud in our room, only when I looked out of our door and heard it even louder as people were running down the corridor in their pjs to the nearest exit. I had to quickly wake up my deaf partner and our son and get out as quick as we could. Turned out to be a false alarm, although I was told when I asked later in the morning that there was an issue with children and we could distinctly smell smoke. I think whatever it was, was caused by those children as, when we came out of our room the children were all distraught and the mother was nowhere to be found until a few minutes later when she casually strolled along from wherever she'd been at the other end of the hall. I'd hate to think what would have happened had it been a real fire and had I also been sleeping. Maybe we should count ourselves lucky!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Clairybums,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at the Shilo Inn Suites, Portland Airport. I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarm and the rowdy children during your stay. Such disruptions can have a very negative impact on a guest’s stay, so I appreciate your other positive comments regarding the hotel and the staff. I do hope you will give us another opportunity and that your next stay will be “less eventful”.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice large rooms with separate "kitchen" area (coffee, refrigerator, microwave, and seating). Rooms were clean, a bit dated but fine. For breakfast we took advantage of the continental on one morning (decent), the restaurant on another (very good). Particularly appreciated the laundry facilities and exercise room. Easy to get to from the freeway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear PattyLN,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of the Shilo Inn Suites, Portland Airport on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to experience our amenities such as the complimentary breakfast options, the 24 hour pool, spa, and fitness center and our complimentary evening wine reception. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tim Laib, CHA
Orange, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This property is a bit dated, I think it was built around 1989 and it does show. Other than that, the rooms are large, the staff is courteous and our group (six rooms for five days) did not have any complaints. There are two options for complimentary breakfast, one is the typical continental buffet with muffins, oatmeal, danish, OJ, milk, coffee and such the other is in the restaurant. The restaurant breakfast is eggs to order, ham or bacon or sausage, potato, toast and coffee and is very nice, although the service is a little slow, the breakfast is much better than the continental. So if you are in a hurry then go for the buffet breakfast, if not then hit the restaurant.

The indoor swimming pool and weight room are nice as is the laundry room. The only real complaint that I have is the amount of time we waited for the shuttle at the airport, although, I am not sure that it was the hotel's fault. It could be because of the traffic around the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

The worst front desk customer service ever!!! Second day, no room service, no clean towels, nothing! Front desk can't understand why I am frustrated at 10:00 pm. She says "what do you want me to do?" I said some clean towels would help. I then call back to say I need clean coffee mugs, water glasses, etc, and I get attitude. When I ask her why she is giving me attitude, she says she cannot understand my frustration ... REALLY!! Well, someone came to the room immediately and gave us what we need for tomorrow but that front desk person needs much training!!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Plumdeb,

I want to sincerely thank you for letting me know about your recent experience at the Shilo Inn Suites Portland Airport. I want to extend my personal apologies for the bad customer service you received and assure you that I will corrective action to prevent this happening from another guest. It is completely unacceptable for any employee to display such attitude to one of our guests. I appreciate you letting me known about your experience and hope that it will not prevent you from giving us another opportunity.

Tim Laib, CHA
Temecula, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Comfortable room in good location. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Had a problem with key/lock and had to exchange keys 2-3 times each day. No one suggested having the lock checked by maintenance until we checked out. We did breakfast in the restaurant. Food was only average and one day the service was very slow. Would stay here again when visiting Portland.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family