“If Portland's your destination, avoid high priced downtown hotels and stay here, if you have a car of course.”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport
Ranked #55 of 140 Hotels in Portland
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We chose this hotel as a stopover during a long drive down to southern Oregon. The hotel was very affordable, easy to find, and close to the freeway. I'd say it's about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown Portland, depending on traffic. It's an older property, but has been well maintained. The rooms were surprisingly large, clean, and the beds were very comfortable--this coming from someone who is unfortunately as sensitive as the Princess and the Pea when it comes to sleeping arrangements. I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant, but my family members who did said that they enjoyed it. We all were given complimentary breakfast vouchers for the hotel restaurant during our stay as well. In all, I wouldn't say that the hotel was a destination in and of itself, but if you're looking for somewhere comfortable, affordable, near to the airport, or want to avoid the high prices of downtown Portland hotels, this is your place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shannon B
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Shannon B,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We are in the process of updating our facility and I hope on your next visit you will notice the changes. We also offer complimentary transportation to the light rail station which offers metro access for a very reasonable priced day pass that will take you to downtown and all major shopping centers and attractions in the metro area. We sincerely hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the Portland area.

Tim Laib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Lewistown, PA
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Airport motels are usually just airport motels, but Shilo is a cut above. After you walk down an endless corridor, you find your room to be very well equipped. Huge bed, suite section with wet bar and card table. Three TV's (one being in the bathroom). Two sinks.

There's a small elevator halfway down the corridor that is useful, as this is a big hotel with only two main elevators.

In the morning, skip the stand-up cold breakfast area and use your supplied chit to get a very good hot egg platter in the motel's restaurant, which is down another endless corridor. The airport shuttle vans are small, so get there comfortably before departure hour (every half-hour) so you don't end up riding on the roof to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jack37
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Jack37,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. All of our rooms are mini-suites with a separate sitting area with wet bar, microwave and refrigerator, and coffee maker. We do have a fleet of vans that provide the complimentary transportation to the airport, so I assure you (and other readers) that no one will have end up riding on the roof!. Thanks again for your great review.

Braintree, Vermont
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We booked this hotel through Priceline for $66 a night including taxes and fees. We wanted something close to the Portland Airport with an airport shuttle. We have been really surprised by this hotel. The room (a double) is huge! It has two double beds and a separate sitting area with a small kitchen area with a microwave and mini-fridge. The location was really convenient. We had a Budget rental car we needed to return and it turned out that the Budget location is a short walk from the hotel. There is a restaurant onsite, but we elected to go across the street to Shari's Cafe & Pies (review to come soon!). Shuttle starts at 4 am and runs every half hour. There is breakfast available in the hotel starting at 5 am and in the restaurant starting at 6 am. Breakfast is complimentary in the hotel and in the restaurant they have complimentary selections and added items for a fee. I'm writing this review before having breakfast, but so far, so good. The pool, hot tub and fitness areas look very nice, although we didn't use them. The wifi is free and really easy to get on.

Dear Twimom,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of the Shilo Inn Suites, Portland Airport. It motivates our entire staff and management when our guests enjoy their stay and feel that they got a great product at a reasonable price. I am sorry that you didn’t have time to enjoy all the amenities of the hotel such as our 24 hour pool, spa, and fitness center. Hopefully on your stay!

Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had an early flight to the east coast and wanted to be close to the airport. This was our first time staying here. They upgraded our room to a suite which was really nice. The restaurant was a pleasant surprise for being in a chain hotel. Not 5 stars, but not bad either. A little futzy using the business center as you needed a special key from the front desk. The only down side was the rude person at the front desk. I would stay here again.

Dear scbean,

I personally wanted to acknowledge your recent review of the Shilo Inn Suites, Portland Airport, and offer my sincere apologies for the rude person at the front desk. I was pleased to hear that the other aspects of your stay went well and you enjoyed your suite and our restaurant. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here one night when we had an early flight out of PDX. The room was very spacious and clean. The hotel staff was friendly. The shuttle to and from the airport was on time. All in all this is a good stay and fly option at PDX.

Dear halor,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of the Shilo Inn Suites, Portland Airport. Our park and fly packages are a great way to help reduce the stress of traveling. I will share your comments with our staff and thanks again for your posting.

Medford, Oregon
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have never stay in a Shilo inn chain. Work made the reservation for this hotel.
Pros- close to airport, and big rooms.
Cons- the room smell like smoke, bathroom had "stains" over the toilet which was very disgusting to have cleaned it. For the price and the service I will stay somewhere else next time. Because this experience I will not recommend it.

Room Tip: Unless there is no other hotels available in this area, make sure you examine the room well and take...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Henry B,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to let me know of your recent experience at the Shilo Inn Portland Airport. I was so disappointed to read of your experience and cleanliness issues you described. Please accept my personal apology. I know how I would have felt in the same situation. Our cleaning and inspecting process will be thoroughly examined with our housekeeping department. Our facility is a completely non-smoking hotel, but unfortunately some times we have guests that violate our policy, and when this happens, the room is put out of order and “deep cleaned” in a special process to eliminate the odor. It looks like this was not followed and I again apologize. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity. Please call me directly to assist in making a future reservation.

Tim Laib, CHA
GrassValley
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Rooms were very roomy and clean with a seperate sitting area with an additional TV. There was four of us who shared the room and we never were bumping into each other. They also have a resturant on site if you choose and gave us a voucher for five dollars off. If you prefer there is a free breakfast with coffee, juice, muffins and cereal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear PumphreyGrassValley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Shilo Inn Portland Airport. We were very happy that you found your accommodations clean and to your liking. Our oversized rooms do make it comfortable when traveling with a large party. We sincerely hope to see you again on your next trip to Portland Oreogn.

Tim Laib, CHA