Shilo Inns Portland Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsportland airportthree tvsfront deskcontinental breakfastfree glass of winetwo sinksrooms are hugesleeping areawet barflat screenbit datedjunior suitedining tablehot tubtwo queen bedsfollowing morningbiscuits and gravy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Very friendly service people. Big room with 2 queen beds, a separate sitting area. 3 TV's, which is a little bit overdone lol. But all the little details like cleaning tabs for ears made the stay very pleasant. Very quiet room ! I highly recommend this hotel, although driving to downtown Portland takes a little bit more time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We had a fine stay and received a good rate at the Shilo Inn PDX Airport. Our room was huge with a separate bed and dining/desk area. The decor is varied with some parts almost laughingly outdated. The hotel likes to stamp the Shilo logo on everything imaginable including light switches and mirrors. Our bathroom was fine and had two sinks, a vintage television and adequate hot water. There is free wi-fi in the rooms but I found the connection to be somewhat slow.

There was a small fitness room as well as a pool area and an attached restaurant and bar on property. We received free drink coupons for the boxed wine served at the bar. The free continental breakfast was fine and you have a few free hot meal choices at the restaurant if desired.

We had no major complaints about our stay at the Shilo. In summary, affordable large rooms with outdated decor.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inns Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Dear RJC,
I would like to personally thank you for choosing Shilo Inns Portland Airport and taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. I was so pleased to read how much you enjoyed our guest rooms, amenities, and staff. It gives me great pleasure to share your comments with our team. Thank you again for choosing Shilo Inns, we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Tim Laib

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Summary: super cheap, but we had problems. We actually stayed twice in July as we were trying to save money on a family vacation. The first time: we stayed on the third floor and the air conditioner was broken, so it was hot in the room. Also the restaurant, while free, was beyond slow. The second time: the sink was clogged, it was loud all night (so we didn't sleep well), they didn't put new shampoo in the room (so we had to use our own), they tried to over charge us for a pet we didn't have, and once again the restaurant was painfully slow. Hopefully, our experience was an anomaly, but... we had a tough couple of stays.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeSpr

Dear Mike,
Mike,
I would like to personally thank you for choosing Shilo Inns and taking the time to let us know about your recent visit.. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. Our staff takes our guests comments to heart, and we try and learn from our mistakes. I want to thank you again for taking the time to let us know of opportunities that we can improve upon. It is our sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity again soon at any of our conveniently located Shilo Inns.
Tim Laib

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Soon after our arrival, a member of the staff let himself in with his passkey without even knocking. He told my teenage daughter he didn't know the room was occupied and was looking for a credit card possibly left behind by a previous guest. He apologized, but sheesh! What a completely inappropriate and inexcusable invasion of privacy.

This property was represented as pet friendly. I was surprised by a $25 pet fee when checking out. A small pug dog was in our room for a couple of hours. The clerk said the fee was applicable as soon as any pet crossed the threshold because they would have to shampoo the carpets and drapes, and other absurd cleaning things there is no doubt in my mind they won't do and shouldn't hold me responsible for. There should never be a surprise on a hotel bill, period.

The spa jets were weak, and there was an abundance of gross grit on the floor of the spa.

The restaurant service was also extraordinarily slow.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EmanEkaf
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My daughter and I "dropped in" to the Shilo Airport Inn without a reservation. The rate was comparable to so-so, cookie cutter motels we stayed in along route I90 on our way from Wisconsin to Oregon. The room included a comfy sofa, table and chairs, and modest kitchen, plus a glass of wine and breakfast. Everything clean and up to date, a lovely and helpful person at the desk. It was our best overnight stay in two weeks of travel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank fiberart
PDXShiloMgt, Manager at Shilo Inns Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns and taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inn Portland Airport. I was so pleased to read how much you enjoyed our guest rooms, amenities, and staff. It gives me great pleasure to share your comments with our team. Thank you again for choosing Shilo Inns, we look forward to having you as our guest at any of our conveniently located Shilo Inns.

Jennifer Hitzeman