“Nice airport stay but nothing special”

Howard Johnson Portland Airport
Ranked #112 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed February 7, 2012

If you are traveling for business for a day and need a cheap place to stay near the airport then this hotel should work. However, I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a vacation stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Badonnelly
Write a ReviewReviews (1,510)

Reviewed February 3, 2012

one of the best airport hotels i have stayed in, very conveniently located to the airport, rooms were really clean with fresh linen everyday, staff was excellent and very freindly ...i was offered free shuttle service to the airport and my every other need was fullfilled by their efficient staff, will definately go back and would recommend every one.... they simply rock and made my stay a memorable one :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My stay here was worth every penny I spent, rooms are really nice,spacious and clean , when I checked in reception staff served me very efficiently with a smile on their face and being in a hospitality industry myself I felt like home, staff were very very helpful and service was very efficient which was surprising in this hotel.... I dined In first day and food was soooo good I ended up eating there everyday of my stay. Its very close to the airport no more than 10 mins drive and the hotel provides flexible transport to and from airport
In short I would suggest anyone to try this hotel who is in this area, they definitely won't let you down

Room Tip: Just ask at reception and they honestly will check you in the best available they have, that's w...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jimil D
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel near the Portland airport because we had a very early flight out of Portland. We booked a king bed room for $48. The room had a small fridge and microwave. We had a friendly, efficient greeting and check-in process, and reserved a free shuttle for the morning.
The room was very clean, we took hot showers, watched some tv, slept in a comfortable bed, the room was quiet. We slept very well, received our wake up call, checked out efficiently and quickly at the front desk, and caught the complimentary shuttle to the airport. We will stay here again. Absolutely no complaints. The continental breakfast was just being put out when we left - so we can't comment on that. The coffee was brewed too strong, though.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I am a senior woman who was traveling alone and needed a lot of assistance. Every hotel staff member (especially front desk reception and airport transport) was helpful, kind, and patient beyond the call of duty. Thank you Howard Johnson!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
MorganClub, Manager at Howard Johnson Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Thank you for being a loyal guest here at the Howard Johnson Portland Airport Hotel. We are very thankful for your business!
I am very happy to see that you find our hotel to your satisfaction, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed December 23, 2011

they have good and reliable service from the airport to the hotel,
when i check-in in the hotel the staff was very professional and room was very clean and quiet
the resturant and the bar was ossome. Morning breakfast was good and healthy.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I booked this hotel in a hurry and I did not have time to check it out before booking, when I saw the price I was expecting something really bad but I was surprised as the rooms are nice and clean. The are did not seem very nice and my first immpression when I arrived was not good. The lobby is kind of dark and small and even though the employees are very nice it seems like there are only 2 employees at a time. When we walked to the room is like going to an apartment complex, you have to walk to the back and then take stairs is not relly nice and seems like it is going to get worse but it doesnt. The rooms are better that you are expecting because the price is really good. We had a good night and we were unable to have breakfast because our flight was too early. The employee at front desk said they had lunch box for customers that had early flights but in th morning the other employee said they did not have those anymore. They have a shuttle that can take you to the train and to the airport and runs frequently which is very convenient. It is very close to the airport which is convenient too if you have an early flight. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean room and good price but if you are looking for something nice maybe this is not an option.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Happy H, Manager at Howard Johnson Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear guest, Thank you for sharing your experience . I am glad to see that you were satisfied with your stay and everything went well. We do hope to see you again next time you are in the Portland Airport Area. Thank you for being our guest, it was our pleasure! General Manager . go happy. go hojo.