We had stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn many years ago, but hadn't since then due to the location. I was recently reminded what a great place it is to stay in.
You really do need a car since it's far from most places in town. However, it's a 10 min drive from the east side of the river, and less than 5 mins to downtown. The rooms were very comfortable, and while we had a street side room, I found it to be very quiet, even on a weekend. Also loved the candy dish in the lobby.
Even though you need a car to access many things in town, a few eateries are walking distance. We had breakfast one morning at Besaw's, which was a cool diner just down the road from it. The hotel is also near Nob Hill, which has alot of cool shops.
I definitely recommend staying here, even if out of the way a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a hotel with the convenience of Downtown Portland Oregon without the hassle and congestion. The Silver Cloud Inn Portland is located adjacent to the Nob Hill shopping district featuring a variety of Portland's finest boutiques, shops, nightlife and restaurants. Nearby Forest Park offers hiking and biking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn NW Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn Nw Portland Hotel Portland
- Silver Cloud Hotel Portland Downtown