“A step back into time when elegence was at it's best!!!”
Review of Hotel deLuxe

Hotel deLuxe
Ranked #3 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Very beautiful and elegant hotel. I kept expecting to see an old movie star walk through the lobby! The room we stayed in was very small but beautifully decorated and comfortable. I did have to squeeze into the tiny bathroom and I am 5'3 and 125lbs. I would be concerned of comfort for anyone much bigger than that. The Driftwood lounge downstairs was so cozy and offered some delicious champagne cocktails! Very dark in there so I would recommend bringing a mini flashlight in your purse! People were holding up their table candles to read the menu. Overall very nice stay, definatley a special occasion only treat for us due to the spendy per night cost!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel deLuxe

Reviewed September 19, 2010

I stayed here for 4 nights and was very impressed. The rooms were small but very comfortable and well-furnished. The bedding was the best I've experienced in a hotel, and the small touches (iPod dock, bath robe, water bottle waiting in the room) really made me feel at home. My room overlooked the lightrail tracks which proved to be a little annoying in the evening and early morning, however the train stops by 11PM and I had to get up early for work anyway.

The staff was helpful and very knowledgeable about local restaurant options and gave us great directions and a map. This hotel is just a few blocks from the heart of downtown which was super convenient. Also, the ambiance is wonderful – each floor has a different “old Hollywood” theme which makes walking through the halls a delight. The fitness center features high-quality Precor exercise equipment (a treadmill, elliptical and bike) which was a nice surprise.

I loved it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2010

The staff really makes this hotel work. As a property it's a bit older, but in great shape. The rooms are very stylish and yes, they are a bit small. We didn't spend much time in the hotel so for our purposes this was a great choice. Quiet location. Steps away from the MAX line providing direct (and inexpensive) transportation to the airport. This hotel does a lot of the little things right. It's designed with discerning travellers in mind. We'll be back!

Reviewed September 14, 2010

I recently traveled to Portland to help my niece get settled for college so I needed a hotel that was close to her apt. & school. I also wanted someplace in a safe neighborhood & walking distance to everything! I thought that might be a tall order but then I found The deLuxe.
Everything was just great right from the beginning. The staff were some of the nicest, friendliest, most helpful people I've ever met. The room was very pleasant and quiet.
I had dinner & breakfast in the hotel restaurant, "Gracie's", and found the food to be absolutely delicious. The fellow who parked my car and was really helpful in giving me directions whenever I needed them and also suggested an alternative route to the airport which saved me some time.(Mapquest's directions were confusing!)
The folks at the front desk suggested several excellent restaurants a short walk from the hotel for other meals.
Really top-notch experience all around! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My wife and two teenage daughters (ages 18 and 17) stayed one night at Hotel deLuxe. It was an excellent stay in all respects.

We found the hotel by looking through tripadvisor.com ratings and it lived up to its billing. Our room (queen/queen) was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and the bedding was high-quality.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. They provided good recommendations for dinner spots in Portland. When we checked out, they decided to waive the charge we incurred for internet access (we didn't ask they to do this).

The valet service was also friendly and efficient. They brought our car around within 5 minutes each of the 3 times we called down during our stay. They also provided clear driving directions both times we asked.

We didn't eat in the restaurant but we did have drinks and a late snack in the bar. The service was friendly, the bar was almost full, and everyone seemed to be in good spirits.

Total price/value was high. We found a promotion that offered free valet parking and a $40 food credit ($20 per 2 guests, we were a group of 4) and that helped as well.

If I could change one thing about the hotel it would be its location. While it was convenient (within 5 minutes drive of just about everything we wanted to do in Portland), there are some areas close to the hotel that were a little "sketch." Nothing dangerous or worrisome, just not 4-star or 5-star neighborhoods.

Overall, I recommend the hotel and we will stay there again on our next trip to Portland.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We loved Portland and having the Hotel deLuxe as our home base made it that much more magical. Imaginative, luxurious, friendly and fun. We would stay nowhere else in town.
Walking distance to everything and we took the trolley from the front door of the hotel right to baggage claim at the airport! Three Thumbs up!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Idyllwilder
Reviewed September 10, 2010

We stayed 2 nights at the Hotel deLuxe over Labor Day weekend and had a great experience. The staff was exceptionally warm and friendly and genuinely seemed to want to help you. The rooms were small, but what they lacked in size they made up for in warmth and personality. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast in the restaurant was great. Literally no complaints!