“A Fabulous Night”
Review of Hotel deLuxe

Hotel deLuxe
Ranked #7 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at The deLuxe. We live in Portland, but it was my husband's birthday and I wanted to do something special for him. The service was impeccable, from the valets to the front desk to servers and bartenders at The Driftwood Room, which is now one of my favorite hotel bars. Our room was spacious (we stayed in a King Feature) and well-appointed, love the Aveda bath products. And the bed was heavenly. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colocha6
Write a ReviewReviews (2,867)

Reviewed June 14, 2009

We stayed for three days and two nights in the King Feature room. Great value for the room if you prepay online. We stayed on the 5th floor of the, director Otto Preminger theme. The room was spacious, clean, and perfect with a walk in closet, robes, flat screen, and work desk. No sitting area but who needs it when you have a huge bed to relax on. The hotel was beautiful the minute we walked in and the doormen was so friendly and funny. Vina at the front counter was very friendly and helpful. She answered all our questions and suggested two fabulous must try restaurants. Andina and Higgins are two completely different cuisines but equally fabulous for any claimed foodie. Both are within walking distance from the hotel. You never need a car or a cab and coming from O.C. California that is definitely not the norm. You must stop by the Driftwood bar and say hello to Kat the bartender. Happy hour was delicious and the service was A+. Have breakfast at Gracies before you leave. I miss the "make it so" button. On a side note that has nothing to do with the hotel's service, please don't ever rent a car with the Hertz on 3rd and Pine. The service was horrible, horrible, horrible. The employee on duty either hates her job or hates people. If you have the hotel reserve a car for you, which they will upon request, please tell them no Hertz. Avis was great!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2009

What a fabulous stay we had. Comfortable, cozy, great linens, charming, amazing staff. Everything a hotel should be. $18 a bottle of wine at Happy Hour (and nice wine!) with super food. We didn't get to try the restaurant this trip but will have to next time though it looked fairly quiet when we were there. I would have envisioned a more lively bistro in that space for a great breakfast or lunch (check out Griffins at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver). I can't even imagine NOT staying here on my next trip to Portland.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2009

The courteousness and friendliness of the entire staff from the bellmen to the front desk and especially the housekeeping staff made this stay a great experience. The room and bed were super comfortable and every aspect of the room was very clean.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Wow, I have been in hotels all over the world, and I must tell you, I really did enjoy the elegant atmosphere. I loved whole feel of the place. The service was friendly, professional and impeccable. We felt very welcome, and look forward to our return.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We stayed at the Hotel DeLuxe 5 nights, and the first 4 were fine. Although we faced the street, on the 7th floor it was amazingly quiet. The room was European small, but adequate. The young men and young woman at the front door were fabulous, friendly, helpful in giving ideas of places to go. Housekeeping was very good, always cleaned when we left early in the morning. We might be back by 10:00, and the room was done. One young lady in particular was fabulous, very meticulous and precise. So, what not to like? Specifically, the last night, Saturday night, a group of women checked in across the hall. There seemed to be at least 6 of them, sometimes with men, sometimes not. They were in and out until 2:00, playing music and cackling loudly. We told security who said they would call them. At that particular moment, the women had just left. The noise was ridiculous, very thoughtless of anyone else on the hallway. We had to get up at 3:15 to leave by 4:00, and probably got 2 hours of half-way sleep all night. I wrote to the hotel on the online comment card, and have never heard back from them. I wouldn't stay there on a weekend again if I stayed there at all. It's a shame, because before that, it was a very good experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Klaudio1, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the deLuxe. I am very sorry your last night with us did not go as well as the other four. Our hotel is not typically a destination for party goers and I am confident your will not experience similar issues in the future. I do not recall seeing the comment card, but please accept my sincere apologies for not replying to you. Please contact me directly the next time you are in Portland and I will personally assist you with the reservations. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I look forward to your next visit.

Klaudio Simic
Hotel deLuxe

Reviewed June 7, 2009

This was our first trip to the Deluxe, although we spent many nites in the old Mallory. It was a perfect, albeit short stay. We were wowed by the valet greeting, then the reception desk, and then the room. It was beautifully done, with every detail attended to, including luscious Aveda products. But the biggest treat of all was the knock on our door minutes after arriving. There stood a staff person with her arms full with a large dog bed, bag of treats, ceramic bowls, dog toy, and even a Fido magazine for us humans. It's so great to know there's a hotel that welcomes our beloved Oscar with open arms.

Our stay was great...thank you to all at Hotel Deluxe who treated us like royalty. We'll see you soon!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple