“Some wonderful...some not so wonderful”
Review of Hotel deLuxe

Hotel deLuxe
Ranked #7 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We stayed at the Hotel DeLuxe 5 nights, and the first 4 were fine. Although we faced the street, on the 7th floor it was amazingly quiet. The room was European small, but adequate. The young men and young woman at the front door were fabulous, friendly, helpful in giving ideas of places to go. Housekeeping was very good, always cleaned when we left early in the morning. We might be back by 10:00, and the room was done. One young lady in particular was fabulous, very meticulous and precise. So, what not to like? Specifically, the last night, Saturday night, a group of women checked in across the hall. There seemed to be at least 6 of them, sometimes with men, sometimes not. They were in and out until 2:00, playing music and cackling loudly. We told security who said they would call them. At that particular moment, the women had just left. The noise was ridiculous, very thoughtless of anyone else on the hallway. We had to get up at 3:15 to leave by 4:00, and probably got 2 hours of half-way sleep all night. I wrote to the hotel on the online comment card, and have never heard back from them. I wouldn't stay there on a weekend again if I stayed there at all. It's a shame, because before that, it was a very good experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Klaudio1, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the deLuxe. I am very sorry your last night with us did not go as well as the other four. Our hotel is not typically a destination for party goers and I am confident your will not experience similar issues in the future. I do not recall seeing the comment card, but please accept my sincere apologies for not replying to you. Please contact me directly the next time you are in Portland and I will personally assist you with the reservations. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I look forward to your next visit.

Klaudio Simic
Hotel deLuxe

Write a ReviewReviews (2,882)

Reviewed June 7, 2009

This was our first trip to the Deluxe, although we spent many nites in the old Mallory. It was a perfect, albeit short stay. We were wowed by the valet greeting, then the reception desk, and then the room. It was beautifully done, with every detail attended to, including luscious Aveda products. But the biggest treat of all was the knock on our door minutes after arriving. There stood a staff person with her arms full with a large dog bed, bag of treats, ceramic bowls, dog toy, and even a Fido magazine for us humans. It's so great to know there's a hotel that welcomes our beloved Oscar with open arms.

Our stay was great...thank you to all at Hotel Deluxe who treated us like royalty. We'll see you soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2009

Very clean, very very beautiful, accomodating, friendly. Aveda toiletries. GREAT food and cocktails!!! Don't miss their happy hour deals on both! I recommend the sizzling wild mushrooms with crusty bread...still dreaming about it.
Close to most things.
The only thing I could say as a con was the room was a bit small, but you'll have that in older buildings. Not big deal.
I recommend it to everyone, and will definately stay again.

Reviewed June 4, 2009

We can't say enough about our stay here. The service was excellent from the bellmen to the check-in staff to the concierge and housekeeping. Everyone at this hotel went out of their way to help and make sure we enjoyed our stay in Portland. Our room was fairly basic and did not feature any panoramic views, and the bathroom was dated but charming. For travelers looking for opulence and a "cozy" experience I would look elsewhere, but for those comfortable with a more modern decor and seeking 5-star service at competitive rates, this is an ideal destination.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2009

After recently staying at a historic hotel, I had my doubts about staying here. What a great surprise! The staff was very friendly. The hotel was clean and elegent. The music was relaxing. The food was great. You were within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. I couldn't have asked for more.

1  Thank wilp311
Reviewed June 2, 2009

real cozy, room with wonderful view, comfortable, very friendly staff. Loved every min of stay here. highly recommend to stay here.

Reviewed June 2, 2009

What a great place. The renovation from the mallory perfect. Gracies food perfect. I can't what to go back.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple