“Excellent hotel, very glamorous atmosphere!”
Review of Hotel deLuxe

Hotel deLuxe
Ranked #3 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This hotel is very nice and comfortable rooms, even though they are small. It has a great location and the personnel is very polite and helpful. It is only two blocks away from the Light Rail Train. It also has a great restaurant called "Gracies"; the food is exquisite and the prices are reasonable.

There is no spa or swimming pool but there is a small GYM and a business center.

1  Thank Naomi2525

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I had a funeral in Portland and while this was definitely not a vacation the hotel was most comfortable. We enjoyed the art deco style The service was first rate. The valet service was excellent and the front desk personnel was helpful, efficient and friendly. We did enjoy the location. Room was a bit on the small side but certainly adequate. Our only complaint was the lack of counter space in the bathroom. We ate breakfast at Gracie's and found it a bit pricey but it was convenient. We did try for dinner one evening but this is a "happening place" on the weekends and could only get a 9:30pm reservation. Overall we would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Joy I
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My wife and I decided to go to Portland for the first time this past weekend. We stayed at Hotel deLuxe based on the reviews and location. It was a fantastic experience. The hotel is really well decorated, the staff were plentiful & very helpful, and it is just a short walk to the Pearl District. We didn't eat at the hotel, but we did have some great drinks and snacks in the bar. As some of the other reviewers have commented, the rooms are a bit small, but very comfortable and given the location, you want to spend more time outside anyways. Water pressure in the bathroom was a little weak and the hot water could have been hotter. When we go back, and we will, we will absolutely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank Marty A
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Enjoyed my recent stay at Hotel deLuxe! Great service all the way around...valets, front desk, housekeeping and restaurant...all DELUXE service!! My room was really small but still managed to be convenient and very comfortable. Great bed!! The hotel has been nicely remodeled since a stayed there (different name and owners, I'm sure) several years ago. The art deco style is beautiful. Location was very convenient for me. Sometimes, valet parking isn't really a plus because you have to wait for your car. Not here. The valet service was amazingly prompt! The front desk staff were some of the most welcoming I've experienced in a long time which means something considering how much I travel! They've definitely cemented the Hotel deLuxe as my favorite Portland hotel.

2  Thank RetaginTN
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We take the train to Portland from Olympia about once a year and take advantage of the Portland Perks program. This was our first stay at Hotel DeLuxe, and it was great. Room was small, but who needs a big room with so much to do outside of it? Location was easy to get to from the train, via 2 MAX legs. We came during Restaurant Month, and Gracie's in the hotel was a participant. $29 for a wonderful 3 course meal got knocked down by 20% with the Portland Perks package. Plus, Portland Perks gives you a $12 credit per person towards a great breakfast. We loved the themed rooms and halls, friendly, helpful service, nice amenities, and an upscale environment for a very reasonable price. Will come again for sure.

Room Tip: Book through Portland Perks to get extra value from the stay.
1  Thank Olympia_Deb
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Nicely refurbished older hotel with large, comfortable rooms in an art deco style. Great, helpful staff. Cool 60's style bar and a sit down restaurant. The restaurant does not do lunches, so you either have to eat in the bar or have them drop it at the front desk for you to pick up. There are no other options close by in the neighborhood for a quick lunch. For food or shopping you need to walk across the overpass into downtown proper - not a long walk but further than you might want to walk if it is raining hard. It would be a good place to stay if you were attending a game at the stadium a few blocks away. The lobby is large with ample seating and seemed to be a gathering place for many guests.

Room Tip: The MAX streetcar runs beside the hotel and begins running around 6 a.m.. If you like to sleep in as...
1  Thank lynnefs
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was by far one of my favorite places I have ever stayed. The valet's were pleasant and very quick. The front desk staff was super friendly and were very accomodating. We notified them that our room was hot and not only did they make sure it was switched to a/c they also provided us with a fan. The bed and pillows were sooo comfortable I did not even miss my bed at home. The rooms are small but what you expect in an historic hotel. It has a lot of character and it was nicely decorated. The provided toiletries smelled great and worked when I had realized I left mine at home. I liked the real blow dryer they provide you instead of the wall ones at most hotels. We did not use the wifi or the gym so I cannot comment. Gracie's has amazing omelets! We parked our car on Friday and did not get it till Sunday. This hotel is in a great location to walk or take Tri-Met Max anywhere! I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors give a better view of Portland. If your room is hot or cold ask if your room is on hea...
1  Thank 3Heather3