“Boutique hotel with a good location”
Review of Hotel deLuxe

Hotel deLuxe
Ranked #3 of 143 Hotels in Portland
Vancouver
“Boutique hotel with a good location”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed it. Friendly staff and walking distance to downtown Portland. Loved the old Hollywood glamour style. The room was a bit small, but clean and well maintained. Would stay here again! For cheaper parking, you can park around the block at a lower rate/night.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 6 days in Portland and spent the majority staying at the Hotel deLuxe downtown. The hotel was just beautiful, and the staff was accommodating, friendly and attentive. When we arrived our room was still being prepared (and we arrived before check-in time, so no fault of the hotel), the folks at the front desk gave us two vouchers for food/drink at the hotel bar and restaurant! Nice! The location was great for catching the MAX or any number of city buses, as well as a couple rental car places within a few blocks. We left the city mid-stay to visit Cannon Beach, so we ended up staying in two separate rooms during our stay.
The first room was a cozy corner king deluxe room on the 7th.floor. We LOVED this room. It was small and comfortable, with lots of character and a beautiful corner view. The room made great use of the space with a really lovely bathroom and spacious closet. The second time around we ended up being, quite generously, upgraded to their "honeymoon" suite aptly named the Round Room for the round bed! Hah! This room was honestly not our favorite as it was way too large for our needs and the layout was a little awkward. The room was long and rectangular with the room entrance at one end and the bathroom at the other, leaving a sort of vast empty space in between. The round bed was understandably a little awkward hah, and was just smushed by the door with little room for bedside tables. It wasn't very romantic in my opinion but we got a good laugh out of it!
Overall, beautiful rooms and decor, and that first room was a gem. Really lovely, kind staff. Very friendly and gave great recommendations for transportation, parking, and food.
When booking, definitely request a high floor for the view. A corner room, even better!

Room Tip: ask for a high floor, corner room if you can get it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a great stay at Hotel deLuxe. It was within walking distance of all that we wanted to see in town and the front staff was helpful in making sure we got the most of our visit to Portland.

The room itself was pretty, and I loved the old Hollywood touches in the lobby. Loved the details! I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

had a lovely time at deluxe, the rooms are probably small for American standards but its very reasonable for european standard. the rooms are very clean and very comfortable. its 10 mins walk to downtown. Food at Gracies is excellent. will return

Room Tip: dont think there is a pool but there is a small fitness centre
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Rooms were lovely although walls were a bit thin and there were weddings nightly. Walking distance to most of what we wanted, and free pedicab also provided just in case! I would definitely go again.

• Stayed July 2013
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Hotel Deluxe. The atmosphere is beautiful, the staff great. Beds are incredibly comfortable plus it is walking distance to downtown, Pearl District and Alphabet District.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed in the Hotel deluxe for work this last week. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the restaurant was delicious (try the bread pudding French toast). I loved the old movie theme and I thought they did a great job incorporating it throughout the entire hotel. What I didn't love was the actual room. My room was tiny (though other people and my group said they had nice spacious rooms). In my room you had to squeeze to get between the bed and the dresser. I didn't find the bed very comfortable and I had a tough time sleeping. My biggest complaint is that there was no shelf room in the bathroom. I ended up putting my makeup in the sink to get ready in the morning. These are all minor annoyances and nothing that you can't handle. Over all it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to share you experience with us. Our staff is always very pleased to receive such wonderful compliments. I appreciate your candid feedback and assure you that we will take the necessary steps to correct your concerns.