Hotel deLuxe
$219
$201
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Best Western Inn At The Meadows(Portland)(Great Value!)
$94
$171
Dossier(Portland)
$200
2,902 results
All reviewsdriftwood roomdriftwood barhollywood themegracie's restaurantde luxepillow menuthe pearlrooms are smallbeautiful hotelhappy hourhotel barcorner roomroom serviceold schoolfront desk staffvalet parkingfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Hotel Deluxe. The atmosphere is beautiful, the staff great. Beds are incredibly comfortable plus it is walking distance to downtown, Pearl District and Alphabet District.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed in the Hotel deluxe for work this last week. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the restaurant was delicious (try the bread pudding French toast). I loved the old movie theme and I thought they did a great job incorporating it throughout the entire hotel. What I didn't love was the actual room. My room was tiny (though other people and my group said they had nice spacious rooms). In my room you had to squeeze to get between the bed and the dresser. I didn't find the bed very comfortable and I had a tough time sleeping. My biggest complaint is that there was no shelf room in the bathroom. I ended up putting my makeup in the sink to get ready in the morning. These are all minor annoyances and nothing that you can't handle. Over all it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to share you experience with us. Our staff is always very pleased to receive such wonderful compliments. I appreciate your candid feedback and assure you that we will take the necessary steps to correct your concerns.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in July and loved everything about this hotel. I researched all the hotels in Portland and read a million reviews and am so glad i picked this one! It is so beautiful, elegant and classy from the crystal doors when you enter to the old-hollywood glamorous lobby to the historic elevator to the rooms. Some reviewers have complained about the small rooms, but it is a historic hotel so of course they are small...that is what make the hotel charming. The rooms are very nice...comfortable beds, gorgeous drapes, great towels, nice classic bathroom. But the SERVICE is the thing! Everyone was so incredibly nice, knowledgeable and helpful. The staff went out of their way to make our stay so enjoyable. One of the staff even helped me retrieve my mixed up luggage mishap...way above and beyond any service I have experienced (and i have travelled quite a bit and stayed in some 5 star hotels.) Stay here...you won't regret it. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe king on seventh floor and it was very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are so glad to hear you were pleased with your stay at Hotel deluxe. Your positive feedback is most valuable to us. Our staff will be thrilled to hear they exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was there for just one night but had an awesome stay. The Driftwood lounge have some of the greatest drinks and a great Happy Hour Menu!!! Had Dinner in the Gracie. Everything plus the service will bring me back for sure! Everyone there is so informed and helpful!!

Room Tip: We were on 8th floor, very quiet, Windows on both ends of the room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

It sounds as though you truly enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear you were able to experience both the Driftwood Room and Gracie's and that you found our service exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Well travelled and was exvcited to stay in this highly recomended hotel. It did not let down on the high expectations. On arrival the porter noticed our car turning around across the st as we were unsure where to park. He ran across the st to greet us and offer us assistance. When we checked in they were three friendly attentive front desk staff. When asked about our trip here we mentioned we had just got engaged. The ladies were so sweet and asked all about it. To our hugh suprise they then upgraded us to a beautiful suite on the 8th floor with stunning views. When we went to pre authorise our card for they stay it would not go through-to our surprise. We called the bank and they had stopped our cards as security and all was sorted however I really appreciated the front desk staff reaction. They said lets get you checked and settled and you can drop by later when you sort it.How proffesional and kind of them. There was a new girl Ryan training. Everytime we got out of the elavator she greeted us with hugh smile abd asked us we were enjoying our vacation. I though thecservice at this hotel was outstanding and thats why it makes it 5star for me. The hotel itsekf us 1950's hollywood boutique. Veru beautiful and unique in the heart of portland. Would definatley stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad to hear you were able to share a special weekend together. Also glad to hear the staff handled your special issue so well. We pride ourselves on being empathetic and doing what it takes to keep our guests 100% satisfied. Congratulations on your engagement - we hope you will choose us for your honeymoon!