“Feels like home!”

Ranked #4 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Buckley, Washington
“Feels like home!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel deLuxe Portland during a business trip. I was thrilled at how modern & comfortable the room felt; it felt like a loft apartment instead of a hotel room. I had a corner unit which was flooded with natural light by banks of HUGE windows. The decor was contemporary; the room was spacious and clean and had a HUGE walk in closet - something you don't typically find in hotel, let alone a classic old building! The view from my room wasn't so great (2nd floor looked onto the roof of a different building) but that was to be expected by the price point I paid (basic room). The window treatments allowed for bright filtered light, so the view was no problem at all. This was by far the nicest "basic room" I've ever stayed in - and I stay in a lot of hotels! The food at the restaurant was very good quality with a diverse menu.

Room Tip: Corner room - spacious & tons of natural light. Higher floors have better views, but cost more.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
bandon oregon
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel forever. When it was the Mallory and run the masons it was camp with the twenties furniture and the single beds. The movie theme is great as I am a film buff. Room size varies . Get the bigger rooms Spend the money and live. Rooms are perfectly clean. The driftwood lounge is the place to be after hours. Breakfast is always perfect. I always hate to leave and tell the valet to get my car. Can I stay another night go to powells and have another night cap at the driftwood please?

Room Tip: Get a room on the south east corner for perfect sunrises!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place is great. From the moment we checked in Maddie and the girls at reception took care of us. The bartender was cool, gave us great advice on places to go and fixed a mean drink. The location was perfect (right off the red line). I had a corner room and and for a couple of mornings i know i had the best view in the city. Thanks Hotel Deluxe and Portland for an unforgettable trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
West Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

From the time the valet took my car to check out the service was impeccable. This was a business trip and I didn't check in until 10PM and checked out early at 6AM. The hotel room itself was clean although a tad bit small. I had a room with no breathtaking view but that didn't matter too much since I really just needed a nice place to sleep. The bed was comfortable with great quality linens. I ended up leaving my iphone charger and called the hotel several days later to see if they would be able to send it to me in Seattle. The house keeping manager called to verify the address and it arrived to my home within a week.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We got one of the suite rooms and it was HUGE. It was also a corner room with windows on two walls. The bed was very comfortable, the towels were nice, there was an iPod dock, the darkening curtains worked well. We were on the street with the tram so we did have some morning noise. If you're sound-sensitive and want to sleep in you should bring earplugs. My only real complaint was that the lighting in the bathrooms was terrible - I could barely do my makeup. So bring a lighted mirror or plan to do your makeup by the window.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I loved Hotel deLuxe! It's located in central downtown, and easy to get to from the red line. The lobby is glamorous, and you can pop into the Driftwood Lounge for a quick drink or snack. Our room was small, but clean and comfortable, and the staff was incredibly friendly. My friend and I used the fitness center every day. We would definitely recommend this hotel & stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here about 4 weeks ago as part of our 2 week road trip. All was fine until we got to see our very exspensive tiny tiny room with a fantastic view of nothing....a wall and windows. I felt like I was in a jail cell. I told my husband for the price that we are paying we should atleast have somewhat of a view ? So I went downstairs and ask if we could please see another room. He was very nice at the front desk and was happy to show us 2 different rooms, one that was 3x bigger than the one we were in for $25 dollars more a night or one the same price with a view. We took the view...that problem solved. Let's move on... parking $28 per night or u can park per hour then move your car to the street after 7pm and its free until 8 am I think?? Anyways we decided to move the car and find a spot on the street. I thought I got lucky because I found one right across the street and we could see our car from our room. Well as we were locking up the car I aproached by valet and was asked if we would move our car because its only 30 min parking in that spot !! Ok sure no problem,thanks for letting me know :-) I go to get back in the car and the valet tells me "there is a spot right in front of this grey suv take that one" ok great!! So I go and park, drop a few coins in the meter because its not quite 7 yet and I leave. The next morning I have a wonderful $90 parking ticket!!! Thanks valet you told me to park in a loading zone !! Maybe part my fault for not looking at all the signs but the part that bothers me is that I tried to see if maybe the hotel would help with the ticket since I was directed to park there from there staff....and the manager really made me feel stupid !! He says " well is it our fault or your fault " like I'm some dummy !! NOT COOL!!! Ok at this point I just want to get the heck out of this place that makes me feel really uncomfortable, so the manager takes the ticket and makes a copy and says that he will be in touch with me....well the first week went by and nothing so I called left a msg for him and now its been almost 5 weeks and nothing...so I guess they have great service as long as your staying there, but once you check out you are a nobody!!! Thanks for making my stay at your hotel one to remember !!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank KEYE44
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am very sorry to hear of the issues you experienced. Please accept my sincere apology for any oversight on our part. Please contact me directly, so we can discuss an amicable resolution to your concerns.