“Highly recommended”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland
Ranked #10 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Really? This hotel is only rated as #40 compared with a lot of cheaper chain hotels??! This is a wonderful hotel in a central location in downtown Portland. Staff at all levels were warm and friendly. Room was spotless and well appointed. And you can easily walk to a number of popular locations downtown. I had a room overlooking the street so was able to watch the Saturday night "street scene," but without the street noise. The only negative was a somewhat noisy airconditioning/heating system that cycled on and off at night. But I could have crawled out of the very comfy bed and adjusted the thermostat if it had really bothered me. This is one of the Klimton hotels and I have never been dissappointed in any of my stays with that group. I've stayed at several other hotels downtown and would rate this higher than the Heathman and the Lucia, and comparable with Hotel Modera. But given the location, I think that this is now my "go to" hotel in Portland even if it may be a little more expensive than some others.

I took the afternoon Epicurean walking tour of Portland, and highly recommend that as well. Mothers and Bijou are wonderful breakfast places downtown.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
SandyGM2013, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2016

Thank you for your 5 Star review. We look forward to serving you again. Sandy Burkett, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,365)

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I love this hotel and stay here whenever I travel for business or leisure. The location is convenient to shopping, restaurants and is two blocks from the metro stop coming from the airport. The hotel staff are professional and helpful. They renovated the hotel and the lobby and rooms are stunning. The rooms have comfortable beds, luxury linens and nice bath products. If you are an In-touch member you can specify your pillow type, room location, etc and they ensure that is what you receive upon check-in. The evening wine hour in the lobby is fun. This is one of my favorite boutique hotels! You can request an in-room yoga basket to workout on the tv yoga program.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2010

This was my first business trip ( well my first trip ever) to Portland and someone recommended we try the Hotel Vintage Plaza. Why not, cant go wrong with a Kimpton Hotel now can we. Needless to say this was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a Kimpton Hotel!. The staff were amazing, the valet guys addressed us by name every time we came back. Everyone was smiling and could tell they took pride in working there. The rooms were beautiful and decor was great. In addition to the complimentary coffee in the morning they had iced coffee! what a treat!. We went to the Pazzo Bakery and got our morning breakfast and the scones were tasty and so was the yogurt and homemade granola. We even ventured over to the other kimpton hotel and dined at the Red Star tavern ( this was also recommended by another friend) Fried green tomatoes and the halibat melted in my mouth. We can not wait to plan another trip back ( this time for pleasure) and we will defintaly being staying at the Hotel Vintage Plaza again!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 23, 2010

I had a wonderful three day stay at the Vintage Plaza. From start to finish it was perfect. I was a first time travelor to Portland on business. They helped me figure the Max, get directions and gave me a late check out when I requested it. The room was great, the staff friendly and the extras like Starbucks in the morning and wine tasting every afternoon very much appreciated. I called down my last day to say they had accomplished making me feel like I was home in a hotel. Stay here and you will be happy. Great location in the Pearl too. Go to Public Domain for you coffee right up the street .

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 15, 2010

This hotel is committed to excellence, and I can easily say that they have mastered the art of Customer and Professional Service. This was our first visit at this hotel, but from the moment we arrived to the moment we were escorted into our car by Valet at departure, we were treated as a highly valued guest as if we had stayed there many times before. We were greeted by name, the doorman was prompt to open doors and offer assistance and directions, the hotel staff was genuinely kind and professional, and the rooms felt like home....they were clean, plush and comfortable. Each night the hotel has a complimentary wine social hour. The wine staff was friendly and fairly knowledgeable of the wines they served. There were different wines from different regions each night, and the friendly atmosphere made it easy to start a conversation with other guests in the lobby. As a businessman, it was the perfect networking and friendship developing environment! I can't say enough about the hotel except that we were wow'd by our experience and we will definitely return and highly recommend to all of our friends, family and associates! The hotel is also perfectly located in downtown Portland and within walking distance to many restaurants and nightlife attractions. It provided easy access to and from all major freeways.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 5, 2010

I love Kimpton Hotels because of their focus on eco-friendly practices. They aren't saints but at least as a major hotel chain are trying to make this central to their service. In addition the service in Portland (and every other Kimpton hotel) we have been to was outstanding. They upgraded us to the Starlight room which had skylights and was really lovely. The hotel is clean for the most part but I did notice that the fan in the bathroom and the mechanism for the blinds were in need of a deep clean. This is a minor issue though. The room itself was clean and maybe a "deep clean" is scheduled soon. Overall, I would highly recommend this place.
Kimpton hotels have personality cause each has a theme and there is a more fun atmosphere then typical chains. If Kimpton is an option I always chose them.
Don't forget free wine every afternoon! Can't go wrong :)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your 4 Star review. We look forward to serving you again. Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed June 2, 2010

We love the Kimpton Group of Hotels. They have great style and excellent value. We recently stayed at The Hotel Vintage Plaza in the heart of Portland, Oregon...no car necessary unless you plan on taking a trip to the Columbia River Gorge which is one of the most beautiful places in the world. As usual, expect a super friendly staff and a pooch or two in the lobby which always puts a smile on our face. The adjacent restaurant, Pazzo's offers tasty breakfasts and great vino and dinner at night.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
SandyBurkettGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Wow theleftbank;
thank you for the amazing review. Please return for another visit. Sandy Burkett, GM