$199
  • Pool
Park Lane Suites & Inn(Portland)(Great Value!)
$169
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

$165
$153
Hotels.com
$256
$194
1,411 results
All reviewswine hourpazzo restaurantgarden spawine tastingsoaking tubthe pearlhappy hourpioneer squarefront desk staffheart of downtownvalet parkingstreet noisehotel is in a great locationfew blockspublic transportationpowell's booksking bed
Reviewed May 18, 2009

My husband and I spent an evening on the town for our anniversary. The weather was perfect for staying in the Garden Spa Suite. We stayed in room 915 and had a wonderful view of the city. Everyone at the hotel were eager to please and we felt pampered. We slept well in a comfortable bed and, before checking out, we ate a delicious breakfast on our deck. The staff for the valet parking and door were exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kjkktravel
SandyGM2013, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2016

Thank you for your 5 Star review. We look forward to serving you again. Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed May 4, 2009

This is a poor location for anyone who needs to walk a dog during evening or early morning hours, especially if you are a woman. I live in Portland, Oregon and checked into the Hotel Vintage Plaza during a remodel for two nights and two days. The staff will tell you that the closest bark dust area (not grass) is one block away. The closest grassy area is 4 blocks away in a VERY unsafe part of town. The hotel staff also doesn't tell you that general area around the hotel is populated by a lot of homeless people (I live here and I didn't know it). It is very sad and unfortunate, of course, when one finds oneself without a home, but my dog and I found ourselves in dangerous places because of the homeless with mental illnesses that we encountered. It wasn't a few, but about 30 in our one block walk to the bark dust area. My dog was nervous and so was I.

Not only did we find ourselves in nerve wracking areas of town, but the night before our departure, there were several loud bangs and pushes into my hotel room door. I thought I had tipsy, loud and rude neighbors, but to my surprise at opening my door sometime later at 10PM for our evening dog walk, a man and a woman ran away fast to the emergency exit. It became quite clear what the banging on my door was--can you imagine? I was shaken and talked to the front desk and asked for security to check it out. No one was found meeting my description. I asked security to walk me to my hotel room when I returned from another harrowing evening walk with my dog. This time there was a screaming crazy/scary man who was harassing the hotel doorman as I quickly entered the hotel. I've got to tell you in traveling all over the world, I have never stayed in a neighborhood where I felt I needed a body guard. And to top it off, this neighborhood was in my home town!

Beyond that, on each of the two mornings starting at about 4:30AM, loud banging from outside started (it sounded like someone with a wooden bat continually hitting a dumpster). The TV was fuzzy, even though it was a beautiful flat screen. It turns out that a day after I checked in, when I insisted that something had to be done, the hotel engineer moved a heavy armoire and found a loose connection. Okay, that was fixed.

So the morning we left, it was about all I could endure. We had been awakened by the banging at 4:30AM, went out at 6:30AM for a walk and as usual I was worried about our safety. I couldn't wait to check out, so on our return, called the front desk asking for a bellman to help with one bag and the dog bed, so that I could take the dog and myself down to the car (I also asked for the car to be brought around). No bellman arrived after waiting for 15 minutes (there were not a lot of guests staying in the hotel), so I dragged myself, the dog and one heavy bag downstairs thinking that I could put them in the car and lock it and go back upstairs for the dog bed. Well, my car was in front, but no valet with the key could be found. I again asked the front desk and they called the valet (who it turns out is also the bellman) and I waited another 15 minutes for him to show up with my key. He, as it turns out, was waiting for me in front of my room now as I was waiting for him for 15 minutes downstairs. It was sad. It really was. When I finally got the key to my car, I locked the dog and the bag inside and went back upstairs to go get the dog bed and check out.

No credit was given for the multitude of mishaps, but I didn't ask for one either. I was just relieved to be out of there. What I can do is illuminate that this is the wrong part of Portland for dog walking. If you find yourself needing a hotel in downtown Portland that accepts dogs, look for one that is a block away from the South Park Blocks (not the North Park Blocks). That area is safer. Better still, stay in an area called "The Pearl" which is the safest of all.

Also, for the first time in my life I have determined that one should look out the peep hole in the hotel room door before one exits a hotel room. UGH! Good luck.

• Stayed: May 2009
4  Thank DesignerWhoTravels
Steve080, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2009

Dear DesignerWhoTravels -

Thank you for your recent review and information that can be shared with future travelers.

We would like to assist in any possible way, and would like to share some additional information for other travelers when making your decision for downtown Portland hotel accommodations. Our hotel is one block from the closest dog park, which is actually closer than most of the downtown hotels in our neighborhood - making us a good choice for dog owners based on this proximity (of course we are a pet friendly hotel all around and welcome pets throughout the property as well).

As with most major urban areas - there are going to be some transient (homeless) in the downtown area - this unfortunately can't be avoided, but to be clear this is not specific to our property, downtown Portland or other major metro areas, and is not a rampant problem with our hotel specifically (it is good to note this and to be aware of your surroundings when going out after dark as a precaution anywhere in an urban area). We sincerely apologize if this caught you off guard, and ensure that directions provided to our guests are safe and well-traveled in order to maximize your convenience and security, and would never want to lead you astray.

After checking our records of the incident on your guest room floor - it appears that the security officer did follow our security protocol on property and went directly to your room, as well as performing a sweep of your guest room floor and area to ensure that no mischevious characters or activity was abound. We sincerely apologize for any noise complaints but could not determine any additional noise throughout the night fromthe area around your room. His sweep did not result in any activity, and there were no other reports of noise or wrong doing on the evening of your call.

Please accept our apologies for not alerting you ahead of time of the delay for the bellman to attend to your request - we certainly should have given you a time frame, and will note this for any similar future requests that may come up, so that our guest services staff is aware of the inconvenience that this error in our communication caused you.

We hope that this information will help to reassure you and other travelers that we have made every effort to solve any mishap with your stay and look forward to the opportunity to assist in any way that we can. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed May 2, 2009

We stayed in one of the Starlight rooms, on the top floor (10th). Lots of windows, so good light during the day--a bit dim at night. The remodel turned out well, so the hotel didn't lose its character but is definitely updated now. Downside: cost of valet parking (this is every downtown hotel, not just VP). But everything is walkable, and you could just park it yourself.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your 4 Star review. We look forward to serving you again. Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed April 15, 2009

We've been staying at the Vinage for several years and couldn't wait to see the new remodel. Sorry I'll miss their celebration of this event! From the lobby to the rooms the new face lift is young vibrant an fun. Loved all the little alcoves in the lobby to enjoy the daily wine gatherings.
The staff as always went out of their way to make us feel at home and welcomed back.
If you haven't had the pleasure of eating at Pazzo Restorante it's a must. Great wine selection too.
While there we also went to see "Wicked". I haven't met a person yet who has seen it that didn't have great reviews. Several went back a second time to see the show.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Steve080, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2009

Dear americafirst -

Thank you for your continued support and recent review of the Hotel Vintage Plaza. We are very excited about the "all - new" Vintage Plaza and on April 16, 2009 - made it official with our grand unveiling. Truly a masterpiece, we hope that everyone will have an opportunity to experience our new look and feel. It truly is an inspiration for both staff and guests alike and we appreciate your time to comment about our hotel.

Thank you again, and please let us know when you are in need of hotel assistance - as we'd love to welcome you back.

All our best,

Reviewed April 1, 2009

A charming boutique hotel with very friendly staff in a great location. We did not have a pet with us but were not bothered by the hotel's pet friendly policy.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear meistermeister -

Aloha! Thanks for your recent comments and review of the Hotel Vintage Plaza. We appreciate your notes in particular about our friendly staff who are truly commited to making exceptional experiences for each of our guests.

Hoping we can see you again on a future visit to the City of Roses!

Many thanks!