Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland
Hotel Lucia(Portland)
Dossier(Portland)
Sentinel(Portland)
1,380 results
All reviewswine hourpazzo restaurantgarden spawine tastingsoaking tubthe pearlmini barpioneer squarehappy hourfront desk staffheart of downtownvalet parkingstreet noisehotel is in a great locationfew blockspublic transportationupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I chose the Vintage for a four-day stay in Portland; what a great choice! Excellent location, very high customer service standards, very attractive attached lounge (you really must spend a happy hour there); excellent restaurant … the list goes on. We are priority level Marriott guests (that hotel is a stone's throw from this one) and we would not even consider switching!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheArmenian
SandyGM2013, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

TheArmenian for Portland;
Wow - THANK YOU- nothing like a competitive review a stones throw away. I am thrilled that you truly enjoyed your 4 nights with us and that you found our service genuine and personal. My hat is off to you and your wifg for truly enjoying your travels. I see that Portland is a frequent stop for you, I am grateful that we are now your hotel of choice when you come here.
Warmest Regards, Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hotel Vintage Plaza has a great location. Visiting Portland without spending a stay here would be a mistake! Our hotel room was very comfortable, with many amenities - plus little 'special touches' which made us feel welcome.
Despite having its own good restaurants, the hotel is easy walking distance to many others as well as a good shopping district. Staff was friendly and very helpful in providing directions or answering other tourism-related questions that we had.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Erma M;
Your review made me smile from the inside out! I appreciate your 5 STAR review of our hotel and restaurant!!! Thank you for telling literally the world of your experience staying with us here.
Our entire team is appreciative. We look forward to serving you and your friends in the future.
Warmest Regards from Windy Portland! Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed October 31, 2013

When we travel my husband and I (and dog) usually stay in vacation rental homes or small, funky non-chain hotels. But whenever we go to Portland, a city we love and yes it's just like the television show "Portlandia", we stay at the Hotel Vintage Plaza. The rooms are charming and the location is perfect, right next to unique shopping and fabulous restaurants in the Pearl District. But the staff really makes the stay outstanding. It's a dog friendly hotel and although they do make you sign a form indicating that you know the rules, they don't make you feel that your dog is an imposition. In fact, they made a lot of fuss over our scruffy little rescue dog, wrote her name on the welcome board, gave her a treat, etc.etc. And every time one of the staff saw her they addressed her by name. And they made us humans feel equally welcome, answered questions, made recommendations, and acted as though they genuinely cared that we had a wonderful stay. I don't know if all the Kimpton hotels are this great, but we will definitely be back to the Hotel Vintage Plaza this spring.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room that had amazing light and a great view of downtown Portland.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
SandyGM2013, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear KC -
Thrilled to read your review and that - when you are in Portlandia you stay with us"! The fact that you truly love the experience of the city and our property brings me joy. I read your review to our staff this morning at line up. Thank you for selecting us for all of the reasons that you listed, time after time, and for taking the time to share your experience with other future travelers!

I love Portlandia, yep life here is somewhat like that - I am a Seattle transplant and have to say to those traveling to this amazing city it is a great "Pre-view" to your experiences here. Thank you as well for noting our staff and how they ensure your stay is amazing.

Warmest Regards,
Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed there again.
New management since my last stay, but obviously same high standards, same wonderful service, nice, efficient and friendly team, and all the good things that makes staying there an always pleasant experience.
No wonder that I don't go to other places anymore when landing in Portland.

You can't go wrong with them. They know what competence means. For real, not artificially only on paper and as moto on web sites.

Kudos to all the team.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking Broadway if you want a city view (depending on the floors) Don't miss the wine tasting every day at 5pm if you are into this.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
SandyGM2013, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Steven J;
You made us blush reading this review today at line up! Thank you for your thorough review and I was thrilled to see that we still meet your high standards. We appreciate you as a loyal guest, we all thank you for sharing your experiences with the world! Hurry back, bring all your friends, we are ready! Warmest Regards, Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Although it's part of a chain, this hotel seems much more like a specialty boutique hotel. Many special touches such as complementary wine hour, pets accepted, bikes to borrow, yoga mats and great restaurant on property. However, I do have an issue with employees at front desk. I stopped to make a future reservation. Tamara didn't even print me out a confirmation. That won't stop me from staying again though. It's a great place if you ignore superiority complex.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lew;
Thank you for your gracious and kind review of our hotel. Charming it is and Kimpton actually set the standard in boutique hotels, before there was such a thing here in the states, we began in 1981. I want to let you know that I truly appreciated your entire review. Thank you and please come back soon. All the best, Sandy Burkett, GM