The Vintage is in a great location in the heart of downtown Portland. The famous food-cart park (must be 70 or more) is two blocks away, and dozens of restaurants are within a 15 minute walk. Service was outstanding, among the best I have experienced. Through a misunderstanding with a colleague, I was only booked for 2 nights instead of 3. And, the room assigned to me faced the street, which is the kiss of death for a light sleeper such as myself. Brian worked some magic to get me the third night and a quiet room...and the room was VERY quiet, and clean. I discovered to my delight it was a suite, with comfortable furnishings. Kudos to this property for allowing the guest to waive having the room serviced. I much prefer to arrange things for myself on a short stay and not have to rearrange them every evening. And, who really needs clean sheets and towels every night?
Here's what prevented me from rating this 5 Stars overall:
- a musty smell in the hall and room
- in this huge suite, no easily accessible outlets on the walls, including behind the desk - and none in the lamps.
-a tiny, dingy shower stall in need of replacement - in a huge bathroom that could accommodate a great shower in addition to the existing jaccuzi tub
- no digital cable channels
-no coffee machine. Ok, it's Portland, a town full of coffee shops - but I was up at 5am with no caffine :(
This is a very good hotel that would be 5+ Stars with some tweaks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Hotel Vintage Portland! From the urban-art-adorned lobby - where you're pretty much guaranteed to bond over our complimentary hosted wine hour with a new friend - follow the floating staircase to the adult game room, stocked with current hits and nostalgic classics (Atari, anyone?). You'll feel the pioneering spirit of the Oregon Trail when drifting to sleep against a distressed-oak headboard, not far from your specially curated bottle of wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Vintage Plaza Kimpton