Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland
$199
$193
Hotwire.com
1,385 results
All reviewswine hourpazzo restaurantgarden spawine tastingsoaking tubthe pearlmini barpioneer squarehappy hourfront desk staffheart of downtownvalet parkingstreet noisehotel is in a great locationfew blockspublic transportationupon check
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I am a kimpton rewards member. We booked our room on January 8 for a late March two night stay mid week for my husband's conference. We did not get a good rate. We did not get a good room. Do not stay on the south side. You will not enjoy the bell from the Marriott parking garage every time (1000 times) they exit with valet parking. Request a room high up on the west side (facing west) as that is a bank and presumably a lot less noisy. Worst night's sleep I've had all year!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank laurie c
SandyGM2013, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Laurie C;
I am thrilled to hear that you are a KIT member and that you were looking forward to your stay. Your feedback clearly let us know that we fell short and that you are certain we can do better. I agree with you. I look forward to seeing you return and us getting it right. Thank you again for letting us know how you felt. All the best, Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Cute boutique hotel in typical Kimpton tradition. My room was smaller than most offered at the same brand/different location and was more traditionally decorated, but was very tasteful and elegant.

Byron at the front desk was a wonderful host, making sure I had an umbrella when going for a walk, and offering a pet goldfish to keep me company in my room!

Great lobby, very sleek. Didn't attend the wine tasting, but its always a nice touch if you get the chance.

Room Tip: I was in room 1007 which was a corner room. I think that was one of the factors that made it smaller than expected. A higher floor might give you a little bit of a view though!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear "wish I had more time in Portland" with the 5 Star review~
Please come back and bring all your friends! Seriously, your feedback made our entire team smile. Can't wait to serve you again. All the best, Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have known of this hotel for many years on visits to Portland, Oregon. It has a well-known restaurant on the street level - Pazzo's - which is a favourite of Portlanders for years. On a recent trip to PDX we decided to stay at the Vintage Plaza.
We upgraded to a 'starlight room' on the 10th floor and visited in the 'low season', getting terrific value for money to be right in the heart of the city.
The staff are professional, welcoming and kind. We enjoyed the space and light in our room, had a really comfortable bed with high quality bedding; but found the furnishings a little tired and in need of refurbishment. Indeed, the theme of the room seems focused on romantic trysts than out-of-town visitors (there is a cuddly toy on the bed, themed dressing-gowns with leopard print etc.).
Sleep quality was excellent as we were remote from street noise, and higher floors are probably recommended.
There is a wine reception from 1700 to 1800 daily which is a nice welcoming touch for guests.
At the end of the day: the location and staff make this place a great success - 2 blocks to Pioneer Square and the Max to the airport. Would happily stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor if possible as there are normal street noises through the night as in any large metropolis (garbage collections etc.)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Fine Hotel On Broadway- you've got me singing!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying with us during your recent trip to Portland. We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
All the best, Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our overall impression of the Vintage Park was it was workmanlike. The room was very small, but with a comfortable bed. I felt like I was in NYC,not Portland! View--none to speak of, although we were on the 10th floor. We did appreciate that the top 4 floors were non-pet (but neither was it hypo-allergenic).

The overall amenity level, however was much lower than other hotels in the area. Bathroom is small, shampoos and such are in wall mounted bottles--so no small designer conditioners to take home and learn about. However, the snacks and paid item selection (socks, stuffed animals) are a bit more elaborate--fridge a little less so. No coffee maker in room, but you can request one.

It's just a smaller, smaller, and smaller hotel compared to properties in the area. I would not return. I do think the Kimpton's other properties are much better though and at least they have nice, sharp people who work here.

Room Tip: 1007 is a very small room with a sad view of the work areas of other roofs. It is quiet so far though.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeCreuset

Dear traveler;
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your love of Kimpton and that our staff served you well. I also realize that there are additional areas that you believe we can improve. Thank you. We take all guest comments seriously and value what you share. Enjoy your journey, Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed March 20, 2013

When I come to Portland for business I usually am asked by my client to stay in one of the "Chain" hotels over the hill. I was lucky this time that they were all sold out so I had to stay downtown. We got a good rate at The Vintage Plaza and stayed there for two nights. The hotel has a nice lobby, friendly staff, wine hour in the evening, free coffee and tea in the morning. My room was great with a very comfortable king sized bed. Like other Kimpton properties, the amenities are quite nice. Valet parking is extra but they always had my car ready for me - the hotel also offers free bikes to use during your stay. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
VintagePlazaHotel, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

We look forward to having you back with us soon! Thank you for your review. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable please let me know.
Best,