“Centrally located”

GreenLeadersGold level
Victoria, BC
“Centrally located”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We love Kimpton hotels! The beds are great, pillows too. Staff are knowledgeable and helpful - like recommending Henry's Tavern for an afternoon beer. Room was on the small side, but why be inside when visiting Portland?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
VintagePlazaHotel, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We’re thrilled you chose our hotel and had a great time. Thank you for your review! We look forward to having you with us again soon! We would love to recommend additional great places in Portland beer! We are Beervana, USA!
Cheers!
Asst General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Great location, great service, and loved the wine hour! Priceline picked the place for us, but we loved it. Kids loved it too, especially the junior size animal print bathrobes.

And we parked in the garage across SW Broadway and paid 17/day in parking instead of 37 charged at hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
VintagePlazaHotel, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your review and mentioning some of our great amenities! We look forward to having you with us again soon.
Best,
Gearhart, Oregon
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We mixed business and pleasure in a quick trip to Portland. We stayed at our favorite Portland hotel, of course. We celebrated our anniversary with a dinner at Pazzos preceded by people watching from the bar. The room was comfortable and one of our preferred rooms. There was no problem getting the paper this time. The bellmen/parking valets were as helpful as ever. The night I had time for the complimentary wine tasting, I enjoyed it. It isn't the reason we stay but it is a nice amenity.

The only issue I had on our stay has to do with a free night I had earned through the In Touch program. When the reservation was made we said we wanted to redeem the night and were told to print out the information and show it at check-in which we did to be told that we needed to reserve it ahead of time which we attempted to do. The registration desk as a joint project resolved problems that really shouldn't have come up to start with but I did get my free night. However part of the solution was to rereserve and register us for two separate consecutive stays of one night each. Sounds easy but when I checked out my credit card had dropped out of the system and I had to prove my identity by producing ID again and put the credit card back in the hands of the hotel which was obnoxious to me and a hassle for the people trying to check out after us as all of this took time. There has to be an easier way to redeem a reward.

Still we like the hotel. We have stayed other places and are encouraged by friends to try other hotels but this feels right. I do wish I knew where the discounted rates and free parking and free breakfasts come from which are mentioned in some reviews.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
VintagePlazaHotel, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thank you for your review. Your experience redeeming your Kimpton InTouch rewards certainly shouldn’t have happened. They do need to be processed as 2 reservations (for a more than one night stay), usually a seamless process. Clearly this was not your experience, and I sincerely apologize. I hope you had a very nice anniversary and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Seattle
Reviewed August 29, 2012

this time there were a few glitches. They had 3 weddings during our weekend stay and the small lobby was packed with obliviously loud young people. The desk person was not friendly and she put us in a MUSTY room! My spouse and the bell guy agreed; it wasn't just by now cranky me.
Our helper called down and we were offered a room right above the ballroom, though I'd asked for a quiet room; think it was on my Kimpton profile. Our helper finally got us a quiet room and it was fine. However, the bathroom was literally unclean. It also looked in need of renovation. No other problems during this stay. I much prefer its sister hotel the Monaco.
Location excellent. Bed very comfortable. Nice they have 5-6pm wine hour and are part of the Go Portland (Portland Perks?) program which includes free parking, huge perk.

Room Tip: corner rooms are nice. Avoid the third floor unless you are part of the wedding/convention or whate...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
VintagePlazaHotel, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Ouch – sounds like we really blew it. I am so sorry! We’re proud of our outstanding service, clean rooms, and great location, and don’t like our guests to be anything less than 100% happy. My sincere apologies for not giving you the level of service and cleanliness you expected and should have received.
MN
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We got a great rate and couldn't pass up the opportunity to stay at this sweet little hotel. Downtown Portland, conveinent to the river and all the downtown neighborhoods and mass transit. My husband, myself and our 17 year old had a double queen room, quiet and large. We had ample storage for our 3 bags and the bathroom was huge. Only complaint is fee wi-fi. Had breakfast in the attached restaurant, which was really conveinent, and really good. The bakery is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Because this is an old hotel almost every room has a different footprint - if you need extra space f...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
VintagePlazaHotel, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Our building was built in 1894 and we are on the historical registry. You are correct all of our rooms are a little different. Don’t hesitate to let us know what you need and we will do our best to accommodate. Free wifi is one of the many great amenities that come with our Kimpon InTouch program. It is free to join! Hope you stay with us again real soon!
Best,
Scotts Valley, California
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I always enjoy it. This past weekend my stay was very brief but especially enjoyable! The front desk was helpful each time I approached them, the valet was quick and effecient, the room was large and clean, and happy hour was fabulous. I appreciate their consistency and I almost forgot to mention the terrific central location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We always look forward to having our regulars stay with us! Thank you for your great review. We look forward to your return. Please do not hesitate to contact me to any of our staff if there is anything we can do for you.
White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel has so much to offer aside from thoughtful friendly service. Every day from 5-6 is generous amounts of wine tasting in the lobby and is so much fun.The best Italian restaurant, Pazzo is attached to this hotel and along side of Pazzo's is their delicious bakery. The dark chocolate and almond scones are to die for. Upon return to the Vintage you feel like you are coming home for the night. I love pets but did request a pet free floor which is available upon request. Just tell the staff what you need. I am looking foreward to a return stay with even more friends next time.

Room Tip: I can not comment on the pool or spa service as did not use while there. Too many other things to do...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
It is great to hear you had such a great time with us! Thanks so much for your kind remarks. We will be waiting for you return trip, we look forward to taking care of your again!