Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland
  • Pool
$204
$198
1,386 results
All reviewswine hourpazzo restaurantgarden spawine tastingsoaking tubthe pearlmini barpioneer squarehappy hourfront desk staffheart of downtownvalet parkingstreet noisehotel is in a great locationfew blockspublic transportationupon check
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stayed at the Vintage Plaza in Portland the weekend of my partner's birthday. I had never stayed at a Kimpton group hotel before so I was not sure what to expect. From the time we pulled up to receive valet parking, we were in awe of our surroundings. Having stayed at various 5 star hotels and resorts in the past, our expectations were pretty high.

We were surprised to find a bottle of champagne waiting for us in the room. The room (1010) was beautiful. 30 minutes later, we were greeted at our door with in-room massages. So relaxing.

The hotel reminded me of a boutique hotel in Italy. There is just so much to say about the attentiveness, the accommodations, and the food (ohhh the food - you have to try the olives and the pizza). We liked the dining so much that we had to bring home some of our own olive oil and balsamic vinegar (made right on site). We did not dine anywhere else - we were spoiled.

Hotels with so much attention to detail and the way that they care for their visitors is so rare these days. I just love, love, love this hotel.

I would visit this hotel again and again. I will also look for Kimpton in other places from now on. You must stay here if you are in Portland, Oregon!

Room Tip: Starlight rooms are to die for...reserve early
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
SandyGM2013, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2014

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Having recently been turned on to the Kimpton brand of hotels by a co-worker, I was excited for my 5-night stay at the Vintage Plaza in Portland. I had booked a "starlight" room for a great price ahead of time and based on the reviews I was ready for a great experience, unfortunately it did not come to fruition.

The problems started during check-in. I always book business travel through a travel partner which has all my reward information saved and has never been an issue until this trip. The hotel did not have my Kimpton InTouch membership information available and they front desk clerk didn't make an effort to retrieve the information- she said "well we'll just get it later". Except that meant I did not receive the $10 credit upon check-in.

The room itself was also disappointing. It was a corner room but extremely small compared to equivalent rooms in other hotels. Upon entering, I quickly determined that the phone by the bed and two different lights were all broken. The lights were fixed the next day upon reporting the problem but the phone was never functional. The starlight room is a great concept with large glass windows that come up into the ceiling. The problem is that the glass is poorly insulated and the shades do not cover all the windows so I had bright lights from the apartment building next door shining in as well as a constant draft that made working at the desk uncomfortable and controlling the overall temperature in the room extremely difficult.

My last major issue was the morning of checkout. The front desk clerk could not print me a receipt because it was prepaid. I didn't understand why I couldn't get an itemized list of my charges to the room in addition to the nightly charge. I had also reserved a town car through the hotel to take me to the airport first thing in the morning. After the car had not showed and was ten minutes late, the concierge was so overwhelmed trying to get car keys and running in and out of the hotel I had to walk and find a taxi.

One positive aspect of the trip was the dining experience at Pazzo. The food is very good and reasonably priced with a nice wine selection. The location of the hotel is also great being right by Pioneer Square but next time I will definitely be staying at the Marriott next door.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 22, 2011

Fabulous staff, warm and friendly atmosphere, excellent food. Truely felt special. Wonderful mix of a business trip and our 27th wedding anniversary. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 15, 2011

Even before we checked in the staff was amazing. I knew our flight was going to arrive in Portland several hours before check in so I emailed to make sure they would hold our luggage. Little did we know that they arranged to have our room ready and we were able to check in before noon. When the concierge found out it was our first trip to Portland, she gave us a map and circled suggested points of interest and explained the city grid (which came in handy). The room was gorgeous (Spa Premiere) and was incredibly clean. The skylight was a nice touch and we did not miss having other windows. Bed was extremely comfortable and the robes are awesome. Only downside to the room was the bathroom set up was difficult to have more than one person getting ready at a time. However, that is a minor point when considering how great the room was. In addition, this hotel is close to the train to the airport and you can walk almost everywhere in the city (including Voodoo doughnuts :). We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 11, 2011

We got our room at the vintage plaza from hot wire.com, and we were quite pleased. Good location in downtown Portland.

• Stayed: March 2011