“Not again”

Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #33 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hotel Rose does have a really good location which is why I was able to give it an average overall rating. The staff is young, not very knowledgable and lacked professionalism. Nothing beautiful about the rooms. Bedding worn, mattresses sunken, blankets with holes, ugly carpet, shower with no door, no bar soap (liquid only), dimly lit bathroom. The mini pineapple cupcakes in the hotel entry were very tasty! And, the complimentary bottle water daily was nice. We would not stay here again or recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MN W
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Good evening MN W,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback as it helps us grow and improve for our next visitors experience. I was happy to hear you enjoyed our location, cupcakes, and bottled water. It would be helpful to know what room you were in so I can inspect it personally. I you could please call me at 503-484-1401 I would very much appreciate it.
Thank you MN W. I do hope you reconsider and stay with us the next time you visit Portland.
Terry Hanley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hotel Rose was amazing. I had such a great stay with them. The staff was very friendly and informative. The room was beautiful. I almost couldn't get out of bed because it was so comfortable and feather down pillows!! Heaven. I ordered Pumpkin Ravioli from room service and it was brought up promptly and it was delicious!
The best part was the free rental bikes! Hotel rose was very centrally located and it was so easy to just take a bike and roam around. I DEFINITELY would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in town.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Hello Danielle R,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Rose. I am so happy you enjoyed interacting with our great associates, took advantage of our bikes, delicious room service, oh so comfortable beds, and our fantastic location, location, location!! Please hurry back!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

When we looked at hotels in Portland prior to our recent trip we found that travelers were commenting on construction updates to the lobby and bar area that hindered enjoyment of the property. My husband and I decided to take a chance and book it because we liked the walkable location to downtown attractions and the waterfront. We were pleased that when we arrived, all was put in order and no evidence of construction to the interior was evident. The bar was quite nice with friendly bartender, Margot who was eager to make us a specialty cocktail and offer us a very delicious bar menu. We really enjoyed this hotel for friendliness and willingness to make our stay very comfortable. The room was spacious enough for our needs and quite clean and modern. We were able to walk everywhere we needed to be and never had to get the car out of the garage.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Good evening ajctraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your favorable comments and are pleased you enjoyed your time here. We really do have the best location in town and I'm pleased you took advantage of it. I will definately pass your kind comment on to Margot as well. We love to hear the nice comments about our fantastic hospitality specialists.
Thank you ajctraveler. We hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed at the Rose for a conference, Saturday through Monday nights in mid-June. Everything about this hotel was great, especially for the price. The location was ideal, the room was very comfortable (think Westin), and the staff were efficient, friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. A nice touch for Portland: there was an umbrella in the room. Having read reviews, I was concerned about noise at night, but I didn't find that to be a problem. The restaurant and bar are excellent, but if you want something different there are plenty of great places within a block or two. The only disappointment I experienced was that the restaurant (and room service) didn't open until 7 am on Sunday. If you need breakfast earlier on the weekend, you'll be walking a couple of blocks to Starbuck's for a mediocre bagel.

Hotel Rose is a big step up from the typical chain hotel experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard D

Good evening Richard D,
Thank you for your nice review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and will pass your comments on to our team! We have just opened our new restaurant Bottle + Kitchen and will definitely review our opening hours on the weekends.
Thank You again Richard D. We hope you return to Portland and Hotel Rose very soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have called 4+ times to sort out different issues with my bill for the hotel room and it still isn't correct and they refuse to call me back. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
If you do HAVE to stay here, I recommend confirming every, I mean every, item on your bill the night before. I had to catch a flight the next morning, and they said they would send my bill electronically. They did, after a few days, but have been terrible at helping resolve issues remotely.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank E W

Good evening E W,
I am so sorry to hear about your billing issues that have clearly left you frustrated. Please accept my sincere apologies. I would love to help. Please call me anytime at 503-484-1401 and let's get this resolved.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The location does not get better: very close to the Willamette River, and within easy walking distance of many major attractions (Powells, various doughnuts, Pioneer Square, and so on). My only complaint is that the hotel can be noisy at night: slamming doors and loud chatting from adjacent rooms, or heavy steps from the floor above. But the staff is nice and the restaurant is pretty good. This is a perfectly fine hotel: not the best, not the worst, perfectly fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Good evening Jeffrey C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed our great team of hospitality professionals and that our location worked out so well for you. It is perfect!
I was disappointed that noise was an issue for you, and I do apologize. We are always looking for ways to make improvements based on our guests feedback. We will review options with our engineering team to see if we can make a difference.
Thank you Jeffrey C. We hope you return very soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My stay at the Hotel Rose came at the end of a vacation road trip through the back country of Washington state. After countless miles of breathtaking scenery, I was ready for a break and some serious creature comforts. Hotel Rose didn't disappoint. My room was nicely appointed and very comfortable -- especially the king bed which had two king-sized, DOWN-FILLED pillows instead of the ridiculous assortment of undersized, prison-quality pillows that the hospitality industry seems to have adopted as its standard. Beyond the impressive comfort and conveniences of the room, I found the staff to be warm and welcoming, especially in the restaurant, and the food was excellent. Being located directly across the street from the Waterfront Parkway was a nice bonus. My stay was an experience well beyond my expectations and one I hope will not be my last.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank sacrbartlett

Hello Sacrbartlett,
Thank you for your fantastic review. I am so pleased that you found us and that you had such a great time! Our beds are the best in the industry and I could not agree with you more about the pillows. They are such an important piece of a good nights sleep. We just opened our new restaurant Bottle + Kitchen so it's great that you were able to try it and enjoyed it so much. We have a great team that is anxious to please, along with very tasty food.
Thanks again Sacrbartlett. We hope to see you back in the very near future.