Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel
$183
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,163 results
All reviewscupcakesthe riverbottle kitchentommy bahamapineapple hospitalitygreat locationfree bikeswaterfront parktop sheetself parkingbottled waterlight sleepersaturday marketstreet noisewould stay againhappy hourhomeless people
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Despite the renovation the hotel was undergoing, we felt totally at home and comfortable! The staff were spot-on friendly and extremely helpful, important since it was our first time in Portland. We would come back in a heartbeat!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Good afternoon Mike I,
Thank you for your nice comments and your patience while we make improvements to our main floor. It's going to be done very soon and will look fantastic! I do hope your future travels have Portland in the mix so you can return and see the finished product.
Thank you again Mike I. Come back soon,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My spring break Oregon trip started in Portland at the Hotel Rose. I had the most incredible river view from my room! The hotel was in walking distance from the Portland attractions that I had read about in my guide books and wanted to go to - Powell's Bookstore, VooDoo Doughnut, and the downtown food carts - my favorite being The Frying Scotsman (best fish and chips EVER!) - and Huber's restaurant, known for serving a full Thanksgiving meal every day, and for their amazing Spanish coffee, served flaming tableside. However, I found myself dining in the hotel bistro/bar two of the three nights of my stay. The food was fabulous (the biggest oysters I've ever seen - I had to cut them in half!), the atmosphere cozy (a warm fire burning in the fireplace), the view incredible, and the service from the bartender/bar manager - the BEST! She was so friendly and welcoming. One night I wanted to go to a wine bar to do a wine tasting, and she said "Let's do our own wine tasting!" So I had my own wine tasting right there, and it was fabulous, along with another great meal! It was obvious that many regulars come in to visit with Cora, in addition to the wonderful food and ambiance. All of the hotel staff were so friendly and helpful - whether I needed more creamer in my room, a bag of ice for my sore knee, or walking directions to places of interest. When I return to Portland, it will be to the Hotel Rose!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the river view - GORGEOUS! Beautiful geese in the park below, barges and canoes on the river, a gorgeous sunrise and sunset. LOVED IT - took a ton of pictures from my room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Good afternoon RockerChic57,
What a great reveiw of our hotel. Thank you! Your trip sounds like it went perfectly, visiting all the fun places Portland has to offer and spending some quality time at our hotel. Cora is fantastic and I'm happy you had a chance to meet her and enjoy her hospitality. Our restaurant, bar, and lobby remodel will be done very soon and that will only enhance your future experiences.
Thank you again RockerChic57. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Dumpy hotel with a nice river view in an area rampant with homelessness and open drug and alcohol abuse, nothing cool, hipster, or retro about this place. Old , dumpy, and dirty describes it best, no ceiling in lobby, restaurant closed, and outdated rooms with filthy carpets and wall paper and cheap linens. Should be completely closed until updated and renovations compete. Never ever again. Sorry

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank twice_as_nice

Good afternoon twice_as_nice,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet you expectations during your time in Portland. I do hope you will come and see us again once the restaurant and lobby remodel is done in late May. It's going to be very nice.
General Manager,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights in March, staff was nicer than most, location was absolutely perfect for catching the Max to get to conference at Lloyd Center Doubletree, lots of shopping and restaurants nearby, best part though is the Cruiser bikes, we rode up and down both sides of the river, it was a blast. The room was nice, really enjoyed the Ipod docking station with the optional sounds of rain or birds etc. Restaurant was under renovation but food was great, (tomato bisque). I would love to go back. Got a great deal on Priceline, <$100.

Room Tip: Room facing the river, as high up as possible!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Good morning LErbb,
Thank you for your great reveiw of Hotel Rose. We truly do appreciate it.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed all the great amenites we have to offer, our ideal location, and our team of hospitality professionals. Portland has so many fun things to see and do and our location can't be beat.
Thank you again LErbb. We hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is the third Pineapple Hospitality property I have stayed at. Disappointing from the start.I pulled up to be immediately "upsold" on baker parking because there are no handicap accessible parking spots to self park. I have not had this experience at the other properties. The property is under serious renovation. I booked a double queen and was placed in a double room. I asked for an accessible room. It turns out this hotel is not at all accessible. Staff was friendly enough. Might be with trying again in six months or a year, but for now it fails to meet the standards set at the other properties.

Room Tip: Waterfront has a great view, but traffic is very noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Good morning gpwhisperer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are truley valued as they help us improve our services. I do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations while handling your parking needs. Your comments have been shared with our Front Office Manager and the valet parking team. We also appreciate your patience while we make improvements to our restaurant and lobby. It will be done very soon and is going to be spectacular.
Thank you again gpwhisperer. We hope to see you again soon.