Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown
Country Inn
$239
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Shilo Inns Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
$150
$202
$199
$193
2,442 results
All reviewsvoodoo donutssaturday marketevening receptionomelet barhomeless peoplemade to order omeletscorner suitecomplimentary breakfasthappy hourself parkliving roomwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelstumptown coffeebeautiful lobbymorning breakfastindoor pool
Reviewed December 30, 2010

This hotel is located about 5-8 mins walk to the main shopping area of Portland in a beautiful old building and has a very ornate lobby and traditional style decor in the rooms. I had a suite which was large and beautifully quiet and comfortable.
This was my first stay at an Embassy suites and I'm not sure about the positioning of the brand, partly full service Hilton with an Aveda spa in the lobby and pay internet but breakfast in the basemet was worse than a school canteen with a slow line for everything, hideous coffee, dirty tables and noisy.
All in, I chose this as I am a Hilton Honors member but would have been far happier in a better location in the Hilton downtown.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank joeyjo99
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Great place to stay. Good gym, wonderful pool and spa pools. Sauna is good and hot. Rooms are clean and comfortable. My only negative is the lack of affordable self parking and free Internet.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Chuck P
Reviewed November 19, 2010

My first time in Portland and after a day of air port trauma - I was greeted by pleasant staff, easy check-in and a beautiful, well-appointed suite. The room was quiet, impeccably clean and I can say I can not remember the last time I slept so well away from home. The manager's reception in the evening and the complimentary breakfast in the morning were very nice and a most welcome perk of the hotel. The location was fantastic and within walking distance to many excellent restaurants and shops. Thank you, Embassy Suites, for a wonderful introduction to Portland.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesHotel69, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice to hear that our staff made a difference in someone's traval. We look foward to your return visit.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

Just returned from a weekend at the Embassy Suites in downtown Portland. We rode the train down from Seattle, and the location was very convenient to the train station, the waterfront, and the Saturday market. We walked everywhere with no problem. Our suite was very comfortable and had some nice amenities: Two high-quality big screen tvs, a microwave and refrigerator, bottled water and chocolates delivered while we were out, and a comfortable bed. The Manager's reception was very popular with drinks and nibbles. Breakfast was a treat with made-to-order omelets (the cook was amazingly quick with the number of omeletes he had going all at once), pancakes, bacon, sausage, etc. The pool area included two in-ground jacuzzis and a sauna, along with the beautiful, warm pool. We had the whole place to ourselves for an hour. I had a wonderful massage in the spa (by Amy). Only one thing bothered us (just a little). The windows in our room were very dirty, so when the sun was shining (we got lucky in Nov.), we had a hard time enjoying the view from our 5th floor window. We have already gushed over the place to several friends and plan a return visit in the future.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wanderlust087

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the housekeeping challenges you have faced during your stay.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return visit.
If there is anything I personally can do to make your stay more enjoyable with us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at:
gorana.tifekchain@hilton.com

Reviewed October 18, 2010

In Portland for a trade show, we tried the Embassy Suites, as our normal hotel was booked solid. Normally when I think of Embassy Suites, I think of a newer hotel. This is in an historic building. The lobby is turn of the century, (20th) with old-fashioned grandeur and modern touches. Our suite was comfortably appointed, with a separate living room with a wet bar. The bedroom, although on the small size, was more than adequate. Of course, the smaller room sizes were due to the age of the building. The bath was equipped with fluffy towels, and for tall people like my husband and me, a showerhead that was actually above our height! Couple the elegant suite with the hotel's complimentary happy hour (top shelf liquors were available for a nominal charge) and the made-to-order omelet breakfast, and we have a new favorite in Portland. The only problem we had was with an overcharge on parking, but that was fixed immediately, and with a smile and apology.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business