“So good, we ate there two nights in a row.”

A Cena Ristorante y Enoteca
Reserve with OpenTable
A Cena Ristorante y Enoteca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 4,473 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Sellwood - Moreland Improvement League
Cross street: SE Lambert St.
Transit: Several on 13th Street
Description: A Cena is Italian for come to supper. This is exactly what we are inviting you to do at A Cena Ristorante located right here in Portland. When you come to A Cena, you will instantly be transported to a small villa in Italy. We are committed to providing our guests with an experience that will not be quickly forgotten. At a Cena, we share a love for simply cooked meals enjoyed with friends and family. All of our dishes are made with fresh ingredients from local Portland area farmers. We also hand make all of our pastas and cured meats, and daily prepared breads. A Cena offers a robust, well-matched wine list for every meal along with a seasoned and personable staff. All of these elements combined allows us to offer our guests at a Cena a fine-dining experience with the comfort and warmth of an Italian country kitchen.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I read about this restaurant in AAA magazine, and made reservations for my husband's next business trip there. It is in a cute neighborhood, we had a car, and there was not a problem to find parking. Our waitress Loris made everything sound so absolutely wonderful when she described the dishes, we had a hard time deciding what to order. So we asked if she could make reservations for the next night too! We never felt rushed, and each night had a pasta and a main course (sharing the dessert--budino, which was excellent) Loris made great wine recommendations too. The veal--wonderful---the lamb--wonderful---and the scallops--wonderful. Now that I read other reviews, I will have to go back to try the lobster dishes.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

This place is a gem! Wonderful people, FANTASTIC food and a great atmosphere. Chis and Chef Gabe have rolled everything that you would ever want into this place. Their staff was extremely courteous and genuinely nice people. It just got better and better as the night rolled on......This is a must for anyone living or visiting the city of Portland!!! Thank you Chris and Chef Gabe for one memorable dinner.... We will be back again and again!

1  Thank E C
Reviewed March 19, 2014

It was our first time in Portland, and I wanted to book dinner before arriving. I read about this place and booked site unseen. We arrived at our reservation time, and we were promptly seated. The place is cozy and on the smaller side. The tables are close together which was not an issue, but it was a little loud and made it difficult for our family of four to have a conversation. I think if they had not been playing music it might have been quieter, and people would not have had to talk over the music. We ordered salads/entrees, and wine/dessert. Everything was delicious and prepared very well. The staff was friendly and there was a nice flow to the dinner. Unlike other diners who have reviewed, I did NOT feel rushed even though it was a saturday night. Although we were staying in downtown Portland and surrounded by great restaurants, A Cena was "well worth the cab ride!"

Reviewed March 18, 2014

When you walk in the door, don't look to the right. It's a cluttered short hallway scene and detracts from the experience. Once beyond that, sit by the window in the middle room, order the lunch special, ask the server which wine-by-the glass will complement it, and enjoy the meal. The lunch entrees are ~3/4 those for the evening, and the menus are similar, almost identical. The food is 5-star, We had the lunch salad, seared ahi, and scallops. Yum, yum. The dessert were attractive, but we were stuffed.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Alright, if I was rating my experience here JUST on the food, I would say my meal was five outta five stars.It was sooooooo good !!!, I had the lobster ravioli, it was the house specialty I was told, and it was absolutely AWESOME !!! I also had the frito misto which was the seafood sampler, and it was GREAT !, the best shrimp I have ever had actually.Dessert was extremely good and well made, I had the tiramisu, yum !!!
I enjoyed the laid back and neutral calm colors and atmosphere of the physical restaurant, and the menu was all so very appealing.
HOWEVER from the moment we were seated we both felt as if we were being rushed, from the decided on a drinks yet questioning ?, to the ready for an appetizer questioning several times over as we perused the choices, to the busser trying to take our appetizer plate while there was still food on it and asking if were were going to eat the last one or not ? to the waitress taking our drinks while they were not completely empty yet, to the secondary looks and questioning about if were ready for dessert yet or not.It was all very pushy pushy get you in, get you fed quickly, get your money, and get someone else in that seat for more money.So based only on the customer service aspect of our meal we will not be coming back unfortunately.