“One of the best food joints in the PDX”
Review of DOC

DOC
Reserve with OpenTable
DOC is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #614 of 4,313 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Killingsworth, Northwest corner of intersection
Transit: Trimet 72, 10, and 9
1,207 restaurant reviews
“One of the best food joints in the PDX”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

If you like Olive Garden, then you are a moron and are not good enough to eat at DOC. Only discerning eaters belong there, not mindless pigs slurping up red sauced slop from a corporate trough.

You feel me.

Portland, Oregon
“Great Food...but pricey...”
Reviewed March 26, 2012 via mobile

Four of us did the tasting menu which provided a very nice variety off the menu, but splitting the portions 4 ways really did provide just a taste. All the dishes were prepared nicely and tasted great...but for $60 per person, I shouldn't have still been hungry at the end of the meal. We got three dishes of each course (for example 3 entrees, 3 desserts, etc) ... But portions seemed small and by time they were split 4 ways ... there just wasn't much food. Definitely would go back for the excellent food ... just not the tasting menu.

Sierra Mountains of California
“Wonderful Evening”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My sister is a Portlander and I am lucky enough to be able to visit her two or three times a year. We are both interested in fine wines and out of the ordinary dining experiences. DOC has them both. We would not have changed a single thing about our evening at DOC. Our selections included:
bread, olives, butter
frisee, celery root, nectarine, hazelnut
risotto, wild mushroom, parsley
cavatelli, pork sugo, parmesan
flat iron, brussels sprouts, delicata, chanterelle, blackberry
farmhouse cheese, accompaniments, bread
lavender panna cotta, hazelnuts, peaches
chocolate cake, mint chip ice cream
ricotta cake, lemon, blueberries, ginger ice cream
The staff seemed very intent upon choosing our wine for us and we allowed it. The choices were spot on.
The environment is a good mix of relaxing (early on in the evening) to vibrant (as the room filled). But by the time the dessert course arrived, it was a bit hard to converse without raising our voices and we were glad to have had the early seating.
It was a wonderful evening and, although Portland has a wealth of dining opportunities, we will definitely put a return to DOC on the list.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank NASA2010
Portland, Oregon
“Always have the most amazing meal!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I don't think I've ever had a bad meal at DOC. The first time we ate here we rolled up on our bikes and looked at the menu. I didn't see anything that jumped out at me. It seemed so simple. And that is exactly what is so wonderful about DOC. They don't over do many dishes that you find at competing restaurants. The ingredients are all super fresh and what's in season. On the first visit my boyfriend wanted to try the tasting menu and I wasn't super hungry so we asked if we could split the tasting menu. We were so worried they'd look down on us for making such a suggestion and they said OF COURSE like it was no big deal. I don't eat a ton but will often get the tasting menu just for the variety. They make sure to mix it up so you both get something different. And you HAVE to do the wine sampler. Austin is amazing and where he finds these unique wines always blows me away! We almost always buy a bottle or two to take home (which are always super reasonable). DOC gets so little publicity in Portland, but I think I might like it that way so its not crazy hard to get in. Every time we travel overseas we always compare every meal to DOC and we have yet to eat a meal that is even remotely as wonderful!!!!

• Visited December 2011
Portland, OR
“Fabulous”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Our second dinner at DOC. Both have been fabulous. They brought us a root vegetable salad (root vegetables, pepitas, sorrel, parmesan) this time that was out of this world delicious. Crunchy, lemony, spicy. They serve food here that you look across the table to your dining partner and say "wow, this is amazing." We had the flat iron steak (flat iron, braised greens, chanterelle, delicata) that was perfectly done in a sauce that was to die for. You can't go wrong here.

• Visited December 2011