“Unclean and food is just so-so”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Asian, Filipino
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Last time I was here, I ordered the Daing (that's the fried marinated fish with side of fried egg and rice). I found a "dead fly" under the tail of the fish and just threw the whole thing out. I will never go back to this place. Their food is really just so-so, nothing to write home about. However, I will concede that their halo-halo is quite good and tasty.

2  Thank Nemor Y

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I found the service was very good, The food ok, The restaurant was clean,food was moderatly priced, it did not break us! My family and I enjoyed ourselves! We probably will return again sometime whenever the mood hits us for fillippino cuisine; Thank you very much!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

To manage a filipino restaurant and to serve the filipino community will take a lot of courage and patience in this part of the northwest...The ownership and its staff are really doing their best and trying to serve a good filipino food down to the minimal expenses without cutting corners so they can pass the savings and satisfaction to the customers...You might wait a little bit if you ordered certain foods due to preparation and cooking while you wait...They do not want to just reheat the food to serve but to serve it "fresh"...We always appreciate this place for making the filipino culture in cuisine going...The place maybe average at this time but they will get better and better...Lastly, we will definitely come back to cherished the filipino cuisine in this place...

4  Thank anaklakay
Reviewed October 13, 2012

thousands of Filipinos in the Portland area and do you know why there are not a lot of Filipino restaurants??? because the cuisine is horrible. the only 1 Filipino dish I have ever liked was chicken adobo. my wife ordered this and it was just okay. restaurant was cheesy in decor and tv was on and loud for the kids who lived there as their parents worked. Waitress never asked if we wanted drinks.... not even water. really? bunch of amateurs.

1  Thank LanceM75
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Super disappointing since we had read the review in the Mercury and were so stoked to try it. Never again.Sad to see great reviews and have such a horrible experience.
Went with friends. Took forever to get the one person waiting tables to ours. She was nice enough tho. We ordered two apps.Lumpiang Sariwa and Shanghai Rolls they were decent but came with our dinner. 4 entrees Adobo Chicken, Bistek Tagalog, these 2 dishes were overcooked and super salty and I like salt. Ginataang Kalabasa overcooked. Nilagang Baka soup so bland and chunks of fat with unflavored meat on them. Yes I have had Filipino food grew up eating it and this was just not good at all.

1  Thank Vonfab