“Wonderful ambiance!”
Review of Firehouse

Firehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Firehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #367 of 4,341 Restaurants in Portland
Cross street: NE Durham
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful ambiance!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Shared dinner with friends from out of town and we were not disappointed with our experience at Firehouse. Overall, great food, especially the roasted corn appetizer and the chocolate dessert! The iced tea was amazing..the perfect complement to dinner.

• Visited July 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Good food, good vibes”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife brought me here for my birthday as I'd been wanting to try it for a while and we were more than impressed (we've now been back a few times in the last two months). Overall it was a great value, the food was really good but fairly priced, the wine list was interesting and very inexpensive (most expensive bottle was less than $50 I think), and they had several very thoughtful cocktails. I loved the pizza, it reminded me of being in Italy as it has a very thin crust with a more traditional tomato base (ie not processed marinara sauce). The entrees are also interesting and thought out which leads to great experiences. One thing to be aware of is that it's possible they will run out of an entree or two based on time of evening but luckily each of the one's we've tried have been great so it shouldn't be much of an issue. The is a great restaurant worth trying.

Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Great low key spot”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've heard about Firehouse for quite a while, but this was our first visit with 2 friends for my birthday dinner. The building, being an old firehouse has lots of character. We got prime (7:00 Saturday) reservations just a week in advance. Unfortunately the nice outdoor patio was not in operation as the weather was still marginal.

Upon arrival, we were promptly seated. Our server was quite attentive throughout the meal, though we had to assist in pacing a little. The 3-course dinners are very good deals ($29 for a starter, salad and entrée of choice, $25 for pizza). All the starters were good (stuffed grape leaves, fried cauliflower, beets with hazelnuts, etc.) The salads were very good, as well. Wood fired is key here and lends a nice touch to most entrees. In our group we had pizza, meatballs & hanger steak.

I brought a very expensive magnum of 2001 Brunello di Montelcino. The wine service was not sophisticated, and the glasses subpar, but a decanter was provided and our server was fine.

All-in-all this is a very nice low-key spot I will definitely come back to, even though it is far from my usual environs.

• Visited June 2014
Wharton, Texas
“Memorable experience”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

One of the best meals ever. Quality food. Great service. Located in an old firehouse. A fun evening with my wife. I wish I lived in Portland (rather than Texas) so I could go back and try the pizza which looked delicious. We got there right at five when they opened and were able to find a close parking place. Considering the excellence of the meal I felt the prices were very reasonable. Be sure to try the raspberry tart for dissert!

Visited June 2014
Vancouver, BC
“Hanging out in the (fire)house”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Thursday evening. Late dinner. Greeted warmly. Nice vibe, funky ambiance. Share plates, trout, pot De creme. Fantastic. Hanging out, enjoying life. Perfect background tunes. Loved it. Thank you Firehouse.

Been to Firehouse? Share your experiences!