“Very nice, mostly”
Review of Firehouse

Firehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Firehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #407 of 4,363 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE Durham
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was lucky enough to be treated to a birthday dinner here. The atmosphere is very cool and enjoyable. The arancini were just amazingly delicious and I will have to get this every time now. The salad was very nice and the pizza was fairly typical fare - thin, oven-fired, slightly burned crust with light, tasty toppings. My companions all enjoyed their meals too but the mussels and hanger steak looked especially good.

The one sour note: Our waitress seemed inexperienced, which was a little frustrating. We were a party of 5 but had to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes for our entrees to arrive. People who had been seated in parties of 3 or 4 nearby were seated, served, and had paid before we got our meals. I'm not sure why the weirdly slow service happened to just our table. Sheesh, she could have at least made sure we had enough water.

There are newer reviews for Firehouse

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Firehouse has been a favorite of ours since it opened several years ago. We have been many times, both for special occasions and "dinners out". It's comfortable, the food is great, the service is great, and the prices are reasonable for the quality of food and service. We have had nearly everything on the regular menu. On our most recent visit for our wedding anniversary we shared a delicious bruschetta with asparagus, rosemary and cheese, a pair of excellent salads, the always excellent hanger steak, and an unusual preparation of rockfish with mint and salmoriglio.

1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Fun remodeled old firehouse in Portland. Great appetizers. Had the firehouse meatballs. Yummy. Lots of Kale. Husband had half a chicken, very generous with the portions. Good idea to make reservations, we didn't but they still treated us great. Desert was wonderful as well. I loved the mint iced tea! Will come back with friends!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Couldn't agree more with all the 5 star reviews already submitted. But smokin' can be taken two ways. Both the quality of the food, and the way your clothes smell for several days after an evening there. For me it was worth it and I kind of like that wood smoke ambience. Certainly much better than tobacco smoke. But if that's not your thing, be forewarned.

1  Thank merreh65
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Firehouse on Date night. We sat at the bar per our usual.

Good wine list and some decent glass pours. Dinner was excellent. My wife had the three course menu with the risotto balls, a great salad, and the meatballs with kale. The entree was delicious. I had a pizza from the wood oven. Also excellent.

We will be back when it gets a little warmer out. It looks like they have a beautiful outdoor patio area that will be good during the summer.