“Not what I expected”
Review of Firehouse

Firehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Firehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #302 of 4,473 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE Durham
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We went to this place based on the reviews in Tripadvisor, but I can't say I was completely impressed. The atmosphere is unique and the staff were very friendly, but it was very busy and hard to get in without a reservation. I had the wood oven pizza and although it looked great on top, the bottom was almost all black. I expected some burn on it, but not that much. It was also too soggy which made the very thin crust kind of chewy. My husband had the chicken which did taste good and we also had the almond cake which was the best part of the meal.

1  Thank poppy01calgary

Reviewed June 11, 2012

1st time visit last weekend, and it most definitely will not be the last. Restaurant located in an old firehouse in a funny neighborhood. Charming, casual vibe to the place, some outdoor seating areas that would be great if the weather ever gets better ... service is relaxed and friendly, but competent and knowledgeable, too. Menu has lots of interesting choices. Took advantage of the three course for $27 deal, which is a good bargain. Since it was our first time, we went with a couple of signature dishes - hangar steak & meatballs w/ kale. Absolutely fantastic, both of them! Pace is probably slow for some people -- couple at the table next to us got very jumpy when no-one took their orders within 5 minutes -- but we felt unhurried and able to enjoy everything to its fullest. There for more than two hours, but not rushed at any time. We aare looking forward to returning and turning friends on to the place, too!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Loved Firehouse Restaurant. Small plate appetizers, salads are fresh - common with a twist (i.e. fresh arugula with shaved asparagus), wood oven pizzas and several entrees to choose from. Service was terrific - great wine menu and server was able to pick out a perfect wine. Atmosphere is very relaxed - realized we spent over two hours and were not made to feel we should hurry. Would definitely come back on our next trip to Portland.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and I went to the Firehouse Restaurant for our anniversary. It was also our first time at this restaurant. After we were seated we received two complimentary glasses of champagne. They have a deal now which they offer three courses for $27. My husband both started with the bruschetta with frommage blanc and asparagus. It was delish. The asparagus was cooked perfectly and it seemed to have lots of garlic with it. My husband had their romaine salad and I had their spring greens salad both were very good. I had their pizza margarita and my husband had the oven roasted pork shoulder with beans and spring greens. Both of our entrées were excellent. We also enjoyed an italian red which was reasonably priced. The service was great.

1  Thank LikesToTravel504
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Good food, friendly service, unique, relaxed atmosphere make for a memorable experience. We will return when in Portland.