“Great Beer & Kid Friendly”

Great Notion Brewing
Ranked #167 of 4,955 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed February 12, 2019

Some of the best and unique beer in town. Food is okay, some things are amazing like the burger, fries and salmon burger. The salads aren't my favorite. This is one of our favortie go to spots.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Great beers. And even better, great sour beers. Also had a delish cheese burger. Beers are mostly 10.5oz pours, and the burger was a bit on the spendy side. But their house BBQ sauce is phenom.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

So Great Notion Brewing won Best IPA out of 73 entries in the Willamette Week's contest in Feb 2018. In Portland, IPA's are offered on nearly every block, and most are mediocre, at best. This brewery has a ridiculous selection of brewed-in-house offerings. The actually are releasing a new triple IPA tomorrow morning.
Another noteworthy menu item is their Mac-n-Cheese. They offer it with your choice of 1,2 or 3 slices of crispy bacon deliciousness... Next Level. The staff are very knowledgable & pleasant to interact with, unlike many establishments in Portland. A great experience overall. Definitely give this spot a try.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 25, 2018

My husband is a beer fanatic. We try beer everywhere we go and living in San Diego we have access to a lot of quality beer. However, it wasn't until Great Notion in Portland that I found what I really like -- Hazy, Juicy, IPAs. We went twice during a week visit to Portland and I fell in love with all of their amazing IPAs and their incredible Stouts. Unfortunately for me, they don't bottle/can outside of the local area, so I sadly can't get their beer at home. Now, I am stuck looking for a solid second place in our area. So far no luck. Thanks Great Notion for making me a beer lover!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

The staff is stiff. No substitutions allowed, cant even 86 the sides. I was the DD for a party of nine, so i couldnt get drunk prior to eating the food, but i can see that i needed to. The Blackened Salmon Burger is creative, but the Salmon sorely lacked the Blackened flavor and the Salmon skin wasn't crispy so it ruined both the texture and flavor. The Crispy Brussel Sprouts are horrible. They're flash fried to the point where u dont really get any brussel sprout essence/flavor. Biting into them causes them to disintegrate into fryer oil. To top it off, its garnished with scant lemon, bacon bits, and i believe ranch. Absolutely revolting.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Great Notion Brewing? Share your experiences!