“Nice, quiet place to stay *near* the center of Portland”
Review of Hotel Modera

Hotel Modera
Ranked #28 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Gathered here w/ friends for a weekend. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and quiet. Only complaint, the TV was on the fritz throughout our stay, despite assurances of repair. This wasn't really a problem, however, since we didn't all that much time hanging out in the room, but thought I'd throw it out, and the heart of the downtown-area is a a 5-10 min walk away, unless you catch the light rail (something, honestly, I pretty much knew going in). Finally, cool bar, good drinks and bar menu.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Modera

Reviewed January 14, 2011

I would like to say this was our first time staying at the Hotel Modera

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I went to Portland with my seven year old son to give my wife a break for a couple days. We decided on Modera and I called ahead to arrange for a few things, my son is currently big into being a VIP so I asked that they maybe greet my son with a little extra flavor and just have some fun with it, they agreed and off we went. I can't go into the details because there isn't enough room to describe how they treated my son and I. The incredible attention to detail, the fact that every single person from Modera knew about my son's wishes, the willingness to participate in the plan and most of all, the enjoyment each and every employee I dealt with displayed in making our stay utterly fantastic. My son tells everyone he meets now that he is a life long VIP at Modera and that they need to stay there. I agree and if you don't stay there you are missing out on something great, every minute you are elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Liked the room and the location--close to transit and the university. Free Wifi in the room worked great. Found a great deal on the room through an online site (pretty much half price).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2011

From check in to check out everyone associated with the Hotel were very kind and helpful....Everyone works as a team and works with the idea that the customer is #1. This is a hidden Gem in the Portland?pearl District area!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We wanted a quiet place to come back to and this hotel was it.
It's within walking distance to many good restaurants and the FREE tram stops right outside the hotel.
The rooms are spacious and the decor is simple and very elegant. The staff was courteous and helpful, The decor was serene and comfy. We loved that a window opened
which is rare in hotels. It was especially welcome because the temp control wasn't easy to use and it got too warm in the room. The next time we stay we'll ask for a garden facing room because the street noise in the morning woke us up. I suppose if you're there for business that wouldn't be too terrible.
The bathroom was luxurious..Italian marble and wonderful soaps. The door to the bathroom doubles as a door for the closet as it slides. This caused us to get stuck in the loo several times because the door is VERY heavy...
All in all I'd say it was a very pleasant experience and we'll definitely stay again if we're going to Portland

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Modera with our two young children. The staff at the valet and the front desk were courteous. We checked in and got our room keys within minutes of our arrival. The main lobby was beautifully decorated and the restaurant was already buzzing with patrons in the late afternoon. Our double queen room was spacious and the bedding was very comfortable.

The hotel is in the heart of downtown Portland. We were able to explore downtown on foot and by taking the MAX. We would definitely stay at Hotel Modera again the next time we visit Portland.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family