Hotel Modera
$215
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Shilo Inns Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
$143
$140
Cancelon
2,033 results
All reviewshour fitnessnel centro restaurantfaux furkeller auditoriumdays innvalet parkingcloset doorportland state universityhappy hourfront desk staffrestaurant downstairsmodern hotelfarmers marketrooms are smallfew blockshotel restaurantvalet service
Reviewed August 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed here in July (2009) and it was wonderful. Very clean and hip and trendy but not pretentious at all. The staff was super nice (although their "uniforms" reminded me of the Sprockets SNL skit) and the rooms were quiet, comfortable and cozy. The location isn't great - unless you're visiting the University - but it was quiet and easy enough to get around with a car. The restaurant was amazing and the fire pits in the courtyard each night were probably my favorite part. Every evening we'd retire down there for some wine and warmth by the fire. Heaven. There is no where else I'd stay in Portland!

1  Thank HungryTravlr
Reviewed August 16, 2009

This is a great hotel like everyone else described. Right down town with easy access to bridges around Portland. Valet parking was about the only option which seemed pricey for Portland, and the breakfast in the hotel restraint wasn’t that great.. but the outside area by the fire pits for a late night cocktail made it all worthwhile. Room was really nice and didn’t lack for anything. Hotel rates on their web site are a bit high but other secondary sites offer very competitive rates. Great for a couple getaway

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I've had two week-long stays on business trips and highly recommend this hotel. Clean, quiet, well furnished rooms with all the amenities. Nice restaurant downstairs. Easy in and out. Great service. Recommend a room facing the interior patio. And, it's close to Higgins, best restaurant in Portland!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2009

My boyfriend and I spent three nights in this hotel in July and we very much enjoyed our stay. Excellent amenities included ipod docking station (ihome), marble countertops in a very modern bathroom, HD TV in room with good pay-per-view selection, hotel fridge and safe, faultlessly clean room, comfortable bed, and lots of pillows. The free wi-fi was a little slow, the room was a bit cramped, and the view was of the hotel's courtyard was fine but not special. I used the hotel's website to get free valet parking included in our price, but I had to request it from the front desk staff twice; and, even so, we had to have our bill corrected when checking out to take off the $20 per night parking charge.
We were able to easily and safely walk from our hotel throughout the downtown area and we ate at some great places -- Hot Lips Pizza and Veritable Quandry, both within 1/2 mile of the Hotel Modera. We also walked to the river and tried VooDoo Doughnut, a Portland icon, and bought coffee at Stumptown, which was highly rated.
The hotel staff was nice and friendly, and the valet parking was easy and convenient. I made a special request for extra towels one day, and the towels were rapidly delivered by a friendly housekeeper.
While staying in Portland, we took the car and drove to Mt Hood and through the Columbia River Gorge one day, which we thoroughly enjoyed. There is a great description of this drive, with places to stop and walk and look and even to eat on the National Geographic website (http://traveler.nationalgeographic.com/drives/mount-hood.html).
Overall, we would give this hotel a very good recommendation, especially for those who like upscale lodging and don't mind paying a little extra for it.

Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband and I booked this hotel through Hotwire.com for one night. Once we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by the clean and contemporary appearance of the hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel has sophisticated decor and black and white photographs of local places. The room was super clean and again very sophisticated and comfortable. I slept SO good that night. I highly recommend this hotel.