“Great Place to Stay.”

Ranked #26 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Surrey, Canada
“Great Place to Stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Hotel Modera is everything we wanted in a hotel. It was within walking distance to everything we wanted to see and do in downtown Portland. The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. The food at Nel Centro restaurant was excellent and the courtyard lounge was full everyday especially at Happy Hour. Parking is right outside of the front door so no long walks if it happens to be raining. The staff were really friendly never missing an opportunity to wish you "Good morning" or "Have a nice day" as you passed by the front desk or when the Valets were there to open the doors for you. We will definitely tell our friends about our great stay at Hotel Modera. Great value.

Ron S.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in this hotel. Our room overlooked the street but we didn'...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed here to attend a conference at Portland State. The price was great as compared to the other hotels in the area, and the hotel was well worth the value. The decor was clean and hip and modern. The staff was extra friendly. The rooms were a bit small but were clean and comfortable. The location was very convenient to PSU and to public transportation. It was in a good area of town. The bar in the hotel was fabulous - fire pits galore, lots of seating, good food and beverages. I loved everything about this hotel. This was my first trip to Portland, and I LOVED the city. I plan on returning for vacation and bringing my husband, and will gladly stay at the Modera again! Thank you, Modera!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Woodstock 41,

We will gladly make that reservation for you! So nice to hear about your most recent stay with us and so pleased you fell in love with Portland. Please let us know when you will be returning for vacation with your husband by contacting us at theconcierge@hotelmodera.com so that our concierge can help plan your trip be it; dining recommendations, entertainment suggestions, or preparing an itinerary for your entire stay. Also, a tip for your next booking, if you plan on driving click the Special Offer link on TripAdvisor’s website and you will get $1 parking during your stay. It’s the cheapest parking in all of downtown Portland. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we will see you soon.

Andrew Maffei
amaffei@hotelmodera.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was a great place to stay in the downtown area during the cities Rose Festival. It was within walking distance to the water front where the events were held. There are also many good resturants inthe local area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Foster City, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I checked in early and offered to wait until later when a room on the fifth floor would be ready. I was told they would hold it for me. When I returned later they had given it away and they lifted a hold on a room to give me one on the second floor. They compensated with a reduction in parking fee and offered to move me again the next day, ugh. I signed up for green (no maid) and they didn't have it on my bill so I had to request as I left.
Bright spots were pleasant staff, great location to walk around the city and the valet helped me puzzle my bags into my car when I left. Second floor over the restaurant on a Saturday was not great but on the street side would have been worse so net was ok.

Room Tip: Get higher floors if possible or discount on the lower floors if you are noise tolerant and/or force...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Jan B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Modera. We pride ourselves on our pleasant staff and our quick thinking valet team so I am pleased they were able to assist you. I hope while you stayed with us you got an opportunity to try our restaurant Nel Centro, Portland is known for being a culinary destination and Nel Centro doesn’t disappoint. Riviera inspired cuisine crafted with a Pacific North Western flair is available just downstairs or in your room through our in-room dining menu.
Best regards,

Andrew Maffei
amaffei@hotelmodera.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel. Great location for access to everything. Very clean, very busy, and very accommodating. I wasn't in town long enough to take advantage of the lounge or restaurant but I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Although the hotel was clean, updated, and beautiful, the thing that stood out most was how amazing all the staff is. Everyone from the front desk staff to the concierge to the valets were always friendly and eager to help in any way. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Perfect location by PSU and walking distance to downtown restaurants, shopping and sites. This is an old Day's Inn but has been transformed into a hip urban oasis complete with fake fur throws and fire pits. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher floors if you are a light sleeper as noise from street could bother you.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family