“Good Stay”

Ranked #26 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Stay”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Pricing was reasonable with the special tripadvisor $1 parking. Room was a bit small but not claustrophobic by any means. Had the door that covers the closet and then slides to cover the bathroom that others talked about, but it worked find. You should note that the bathroom door didn't look or shut as tight as some others if that's a concern. A couple of little things could have been better, i.e. bill was wrong, room wasn't ready but it was only about 1:00 pm, one bar of soap for shower and sink. But a solid four star stay. Would stay there again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I'm happy that I found this chic little hotel through Hot Wire.
From check-in to check-out, the staff was friendly and efficient. We were initially given one bed for 3 people (I had reserved for 3 online), but they were able to correct the matter within minutes.
I didn't mind that the fitness centre was a couple blocks away, as it gave me time to get some fresh air into my lungs before my workout. I used the gym every day of our stay!
The walls were a little thin for my liking - on our last night, we heard a baby crying periodically through the night/early morning...
We didn't get a chance to try the dining room, because we already had a list of places to try out.
There are some food trucks right behind the hotel which were pretty good. We tried E-San Thai and Thai Pasta #2 - both very good.
I don't understand the review below complaining about the lack of mirror-on-a-stand... We had a family of 3 and we had plenty of opportunity to check ourselves out in the mirror, LOL!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Good location. This is a second stay for us. We stayed four days this time. Happy hour in the restaurant was too busy to get service and not too polite when it came. Housekeeping made up room late in the afternoon which was inconvenient as we had already come back from a day out. Jonny gave excellent suggestions for local dining and made reservations for us. Comfortable rooms and decorated in a modern sleek style.

• Stayed March 2014
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My daughter and I booked this room months in advance for my birthday. The front desk staff was awesome, along with the valet. The room was small, and the bathroom was horrible! The shower and toilet were one in the same. The floor of the entire bathroom was wet which is gross. And...there was no counter space in the bathroom. Two girls putting all of our makeup in the toilet sucked!

Then on my birthday we went to the bar at 11pm. We ordered drinks and the bartender made the wrong drink. He was nice about it, but then this female bartender, in what appeared to be work out clothing, came over to ask us if we wanted anything else. We ordered two more drinks. Then 5 minutes later, before midnight, the bartender turned all the lights on and announced they were closing and everyone needed to finish up. It was a full bar!! On a Friday night!

Don't stay here....ever!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Mmurphyoh
Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Mmurphyoh,

Happy Belated Birthday! I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed with our front desk and valet staff. It’s always good to hear when a guest receives excellent customer service.

For your next reservation, I would like to recommend that you reserve on our website. There it lists all of our available room types including their amenities and special features.

While Nel Centro is not open as late as some other restaurants, we would be happy to offer recommendations for bars that offer late night hours. Please feel encouraged to speak to our concierge about the options that are best suited to your desired experience.

If you would like to speak to me about your recent stay, I would like to encourage you to reach me by phone or email, listed below.

503.484.1070
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My friend and I (2 middle aged women) were given a handicapped room. The shower enclosure was a curtain to the floor that did not keep the water in completely. There was no mirror over the desk/counter in the bedroom so we had to prep in the morning one at a time in the bathroom. The full length mirror sliding door/wall was faced into the bathroom too.
I asked for a mirror on a stand. They did not have one nor did anyone offer to get one (we were there for 3 nights). We should have been told that this was a special needs room, and advised if another room was available or would become available later that day, as we were early.
We enjoyed the restaurant and the lobby was lovely.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you unpack.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Susan S,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Modera for your ladies get-away. I am very glad that you enjoyed Nel Centro. I have tried almost everything on the menu and it never disappoints. The chef, David Machado, changes the offerings seasonally and I am excited to try what he has in store. I’m pleased you found the lobby lovely. We are just about to roll out some changes in the lobby, not a complete re-do, but it will continue to impress!

I would like to recommend visiting our website next time you wish to reserve. We have a variety of room types, all of which are listed and include details on the amenities available.

Please feel encouraged to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss your recent stay.

503.484.1070
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hotel Modera is a beautiful and modern hotel in downtown Portland perfect for a romantic weekend away, a vacation with friendly, or a business trip (which is why I stayed there). Set just off the highway -- but without much street noise at all -- Hotel Modera is within walking distance of the Willamette River, tons of delicious food cart options, bars and restaurants, shopping, and bus lines. Further, it's easy to set off to the Hood River Valley or Coast, or anywhere in this great city, by car.

I was greeted by two very nice valet gentlemen who parked my car for $15 with in and out access. Once inside the chic lobby, the front desk staff were efficient and very friendly as well. This hotel has done a wonderful job at maximizing its trendy vibe without any pretentiousness. I felt extremely comfortable and relaxed there.

My room had a lot of natural light and overlooked the hill going up to the park. The room itself had a lot of fun colors, and I loved the orange flower pillows set against a brown, furry blanket. The bathroom was also spacious and comfortable. Despite the room overall being relatively compact, it was laid out well for moving around and feeling like there was plenty of space.

Hotel Modera does not have its own gym, but it does provide complimentary passes to the "24 Hour Fitness" 1 city block away, which has plenty of cardio machines, weight training (free and machines), a hot tub, locker room with showers, and a pool, as well as fitness classes. There is no limitation on how many times you can use the gym each day.

While I did not dine in the restaurant, it was consistently busy and had a nice menu.

I also loved the outdoor patio, which is very spacious, and the area attached to the restaurant has a nice outdoor lounge area with fire pits lit in the evening.

I was extremely pleased with my selection of the Hotel Modera and would definitely stay there again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Alexandra G,

I couldn’t have said it better myself. I am so glad that you found your guestroom stylish and comfortable! It is really a pleasure when guests appreciate the little details.

We are thrilled about our partnership with the 24 Hour Fitness just one block from the hotel, and I’m glad that you were able to utilize our complimentary guest passes to the facility.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Modera on your next trip to Portland.

503-484-1070
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel excels in customer service and hospitality. I travel a lot for business and the staff at the hotel are ranked amongst my top 5 for friendliness. The rooms were clean and well decorated. Overall, great value in comparison to other hotels and great location. I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business