“not bad, not a deal”
Review of Hotel Modera

Hotel Modera
Ranked #31 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Decent rooms and average service. Parking at $30 valet only was a little redic. Bellmen were attentive, front desk were a little young and sounded scripted - did not give me confidence. Bathroom was tiny.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Justin h,

Thanks for your review. I’m pleased to hear you were satisfied with your guestroom. While I would have preferred to hear that your experience was outstanding, I am certain we will be able to impress you on your next visit.

While we are on the low end for parking rates in downtown Portland, we are excited to offer $1 parking for TripAdvisor users. This can be booked by following the link we've provided here on TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Andrew Maffei
503.484.1070
amaffei@hotelmodera.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,014)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at hotel modera on a stay-cation in the city. It was the perfect location to site see on foot, walking distance to excellent restaurants, the river side, museums and breweries. The staff was super helpful in giving insider tips on what to do and see around town and even the valet service was outstanding. We enjoyed a excellent happy hour in the restaurant as well. A++!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel itself was beautiful and the service was great. However, there were a lot of those hidden fees that hotels don't tell you about on top of the room being pricey. We only stayed one night and it was way too expensive for what we got.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear 1991amy,

Thank you for the great review! It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest is impressed with our property and service, it is what we strive to achieve. We believe we provide great value for any rate we extend.

I would like to recommend you visit our website before making your reservation so you don’t miss out on any special offers. We also strive to be transparent, all fees that might apply to any reservation are listed on the confirmation letter our guests receive when booking their reservation.

Thanks again for your review, we look forward to having you with us on your next trip to Portland.

Best,

Andrew Maffei
503.484.1070
amaffei@hotelmodera.com

Reviewed February 17, 2014

At first I was a bit taken aback by the "old" outside but you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover!

1) Rooms and lobby: big enough with a huge bed and reasonable bathroom. Lots of closet and drawer space. Small fridge was helpful. Very clean and well stocked. Lobby was beautifully decorated.

2) Food: delicious! Great outdoor bar area. Tried all the restaurants and was happy with all options. Service at the restaurants were also great.

3) Amenities: no gym on site but you did get a gym pass to a local gym which was 3 minute walk away. It was actually quite nice having access to a full gym like that.

4) Service: THE BEST. The concierge went above and beyond helping you find what you needed. We got great dining recommendations. He went so far as to call the place for us to make reservations. And when we got there, we got a small appetizer and dessert compliments of the concierge. What a great surprise! We also got great help with travelling suggestions (both local and to the airport). My business party and I were very very impressed!

Thanks for a great stay! We would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We always stay at Hotel Modera when we visit Portland. Aside from the fact that the rooms are wonderful and the restaurant is great, we love the outdoor bar area with fire pits and the fact that you get access to the 24 Hour Fitness a block away. Most hotel gyms are so-so, and we really like having the ability to do a work out in a real gym.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ingrid A
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We only stayed for one night, but the Modera is a beautiful, intimate place. Great location. Beautiful mid-century inspired design. Easy overnight parking just a couple of blocks down the street. The bar/restaurant is beautiful with a lovely patio that in the winter had large fire installations going. Just a lovely hotel in the heart of downtown Portland.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is my 3rd trip to Portland and I wanted somewhere central, comfortable and with good value. I received all this in my stay at the Modera.

It's a very modern hotel and my room was a good size for me, very warm (my stay was during the 2014 snowstorm) and kept extremely clean and tidy. Staff were very courteous and friendly and happy to answer any queries during my stay (8 nights). The location is central - only a very short walk to the main shopping district and the public transport options were numerous close by - bus, light rail and streetcar, if you wanted to venture out further. It is right in the heart of the cultural district for concerts and the art museum (with a quite wonderful collection). The Nel Centro restaurant is attached to the hotel - I only used it a couple of times for breakfast but the food was fantastic and the service extremely attentive.

Getting there was easy using public transport from the airport. Just take the red line light rail from the airport all the way to town and get off at SW5th/Mall and it is a short walk south to the hotel.

I couldn't have asked for better in a hotel and it enhanced my stay in Portland. I will definitely return to Portland and Hotel Modera will be my top choice when visiting again.

Room Tip: I chose a room with a garden view which was lovely during the snow.