Hotel Modera
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
2,033 results
All reviewshour fitnessnel centro restaurantfaux furkeller auditoriumdays innvalet parkingcloset doorportland state universityhappy hourfront desk staffrestaurant downstairsmodern hotelfarmers marketrooms are smallfew blockshotel restaurantvalet service
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great service - we got a nice note and bubbly wine for our anniversary!

Super fast checkin/checkout, clean lines / modern (outdoor fireplace), suites are large and super comfortable, with floor to ceiling windows, very quiet.

No pool or spa but access to 24hour fitness

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This very comfortable hotel is located in a very convenient part of downtown Portland. There are excellent restaurants in the neighborhood and the transportation system is easy to use for getting around. The rooms are somewhat compact, but they are comfortable and have all the necessary accoutrements, including locally ground coffee. The establishment is apparently known by the regional insiders in the industry as a top-notch hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review! We’re pleased that you chose to stay with us and found your guestroom comfortable. We look forward to having you again on your next trip to Portland!

Best Regards,
Desmond Mollendor
503.484.1084

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in downtown Portland for exactly the right price. The rooms were upscale and comfortable. The restaurant attached to the hotel lobby was always filled and had a great happy hour. The concierge always pointed us in the right direction, some of the best places to bar hop were a taxi cab away though. They have an agreement with the nearby 24 hour fitness(I think that is what the gym was called)...free access, that more than made up for the fact that they didn't have one of their own. The only negative (and I'm being really nitpicky) is the the bathroom door never closed completely (design issue).

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I loved my first trip to Portland! The people are helpful, friendly, and cheerful. This was true for the hotel staff too. You can take the light rail directly from the airport to the hotel. (The stop is 2 blocks from the hotel. Go past the hotel, so you are rolling your suitcase downhill.). The boutique hotel is modern and well kept. There is a security feature to access the elevators, 24 hr staff, and valet parking. The location is ideal. You are walking distance to museums, shopping, the Pearl District, etc., or you can just hop on and off the light rail. There is a Safeway just four blocks up from the hotel to pick up those forgotten items.
The reason they didn't get a 5 is noise. You can hear the light rail, the diners sitting on the patio, the music from the restaurant, and other hotel guests' doors closing. It wasn't a big deal for me since I live in a major city with neighbors who slam doors. It is nice to have a heads up though if you are super sensitive.

Room Tip: Stay on the 5th St. side if you don't want to hear the diners. Their ice is prepackaged, so you don't have to worry about being placed near a noisy ice maker.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank traderjoe
Hotel_Modera_GM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Modera on your first trip to Portland! I’m pleased you found our staff (and Portlanders in general) to be helpful and friendly. It’s also with pleasure to hear you found the Hotel modern, secure, and our location convenient. Come back soon!

Best Regards,
Desmond Mollendor
503.484.1084

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Hotel Modera in March 2013. The room was squeaky clean, bed comfortable, and most importantly it was quiet. I was suprised by this because although my room faced a street (where I could see many cars), I could not hear any cars/busses/etc. Even more than that- I never heard another person's room door slam shut or open. I never thought about it until I realized I hadn't heard it. I just expect to hear it when I stay at a hotel.

I think I was most impressed by the hotel staff. I was visiting for an interview and found them to be very helpful in directing me to the trolley, metro, or bus that I needed. One of the staff even walked me outside and up the block to point to the station I needed to go to. With that said- it is easy to get around the city.

When I come back to Portland I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business